What colour of Platys are these boys?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kyshiara

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey! I bought two platies a hour or two ago, already forgotten what type they were xD shows something about my memory...
They are both boys! Ignore the sparkling gourami, it loves me and having its photo taken xD

Attachments

• IMG_20230128_171937.jpg
    IMG_20230128_171937.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20230128_171944.jpg
    IMG_20230128_171944.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 29
I will try to get more photos of the blue one, it is very shy! It had a bad netting on my side, I'm really tired 😂

Hey! I bought two platies a hour or two ago, already forgotten what type they were xD shows something about my memory...
They are both boys! Ignore the sparkling gourami, it loves me and having its photo taken xD
Pic#1 is a coffee platy and pic#2 seems like a calico blue platy.

The second one looks like a green lantern platy, like in my avatar.

The second one looks like a green lantern platy, like in my avatar.
In the picture it looks a bit too pale to be a green lantern platy. But it could be the light that makes it more pale. A new close up from the side would tell more... The way it looks right now, it looks like a calico blue platy. Hope the topic starter will make a new picture to give the proper answer.

In the picture it looks a bit too pale to be a green lantern platy. But it could be the light that makes it more pale. A new close up from the side would tell more... The way it looks right now, it looks like a calico blue platy. Hope the topic starter will make a new picture to give the proper answer.
This is how internet flame wars start...

This is how internet flame wars start...
I know... Best way is to have the topic starter post a new close up from the side.
It's also because the commercial trade has the tendency to change names or mix names up. But I like to use the names as they've been named in the first place.
Btw, the name "green lantern" is also just a commercial name and not the name how it was called at first. The green lantern is a fancy platy that has got it's dark sides coming from a swordtail strain that was created in Germany.

I know... Best way is to have the topic starter post a new close up from the side.
It's also because the commercial trade has the tendency to change names or mix names up. But I like to use the names as they've been named in the first place.
Btw, the name "green lantern" is also just a commercial name and not the name how it was called at first. The green lantern is a fancy platy that has got it's dark sides coming from a swordtail strain that was created in Germany.
I will get a pic as soon as possible, but as I said it goes and shoves itself in a plant if I approach it with my phone xD

Yay he doesn't hate me anymore xD

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_092240.jpg
    IMG_20230202_092240.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230202_092242.jpg
    IMG_20230202_092242.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 19
Yay he doesn't hate me anymore xD
Thank you. This is a mix between Calico blue and green lantern. This is to be seen quite often that those two are mixed together. The Green lantern is darker blue. But the Calico blue is light blue with a lot of small black dots.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back