What Cichids In A 30 Gallon?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well still considering stalking options for my 30 gallon and I have been debating about Cichlids for awhile now. I dont know much about them but I was wondering if there where any that could go with the following:

4-6 Molly (there fry but once there big enough I was going to move them)
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Regular Platy
4 Cory (thinking total of 4 green since I only have 1 at this time)
3 Louche (thinking chain type)

I need an arrangement for all 3 tanks once the new one is ready. I will have it start cycling this weekend. Also here's other fish I a also like:

Tetras
Louche
Puffers (I want these most)
Rasbora
Barbs


so based on those and my current inhabitants what could I look into for my 3 tanks?
 
Kuhli loaches are great. I recommend at least 5. :)

Try a school/shoal, of tetras. (1.5 - 2"ers)

And also, you should chekc out gouramis. They're aweomse, for a 30g.
 
well I need to know with my current tanks what should be moved and what I can fit into each since my 5 Gallons will have some free space after this as well.
 
i know there aggressive fish and should be kept in there own species tank. I was thinking of moving all the contents out of one of my 5 gallons and placing a puffer in one. I did some reseach and it turns out that indian dwarf puffers seem to live fine with ADF. Was thinking of moving my 3 platy and the cory to the 30 gallon and then placing a dwarf puffer into that tank. I plan to have over filtration in that tank anyways. What I'm thinking if this:

Tank 1: 5 gallon hex

3 ADF
1 Indian Dwarf Puffer

Tank 2: 5 gallon bow front

2 Oto
1 Adult Molly
2 Molly Fry

Tank 3: 30 gallon

6 Molly Fry
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
4 Green Cory
5 Chain Louche

What else from my want list could I fit into my 30 gallon or any of the other tanks?
 
I did some reseach and it turns out that indian dwarf puffers seem to live fine with ADF.
That's quite cool I'd never heard that before, where did you read it?

Also in regards to your stocking, why not add a clean up crew? A few zebra nerites and maybe some shrimp (Depending on which fish you go for) :)
 
Tank 3: 30 gallon

6 Molly Fry
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
4 Green Cory
5 Chain Louche
solo angel :good:



6 Molly Fry
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
4 Green Cory
5 Chain Louche
solo keyhole :good:
 
so what I know for sure I want to do now is this:

3 Molly
2 oto

3 Molly
2 AFD

3 Molly
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
1 Green Cory


That all I am sure of at the moment to be exact. My gf doesn't like angelfish (I think there ok) and the keyhole is cool but I do want more then one type kinda. I kinda open to anything so I would like people to keep suggesting. We just want something attractive. I am debating keeping it at one cory since now I would prefer to have a different type or species of fish. The Louche seem to be hard to find in my area too so that may not be a easy option. This may be an idea as well

3 Molly
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
1 Green Cory
2 Peaceful Cichids (4-5in)
1 Angel Fish

anything else work with that? Maybe some bottom feeders besides Cory?
 
so what I know for sure I want to do now is this:

3 Molly
2 oto

3 Molly
2 AFD

3 Molly
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
1 Green Cory


That all I am sure of at the moment to be exact. My gf doesn't like angelfish (I think there ok) and the keyhole is cool but I do want more then one type kinda. I kinda open to anything so I would like people to keep suggesting. We just want something attractive. I am debating keeping it at one cory since now I would prefer to have a different type or species of fish. The Louche seem to be hard to find in my area too so that may not be a easy option. This may be an idea as well

3 Molly
2 Dwarf Platy
1 Red Platy
1 Green Cory
2 Peaceful Cichids (4-5in)
1 Angel Fish

anything else work with that? Maybe some bottom feeders besides Cory?

i have 2 bolivian rams in my 125l tank and thats just under 30 gallons. I have them with harliquins and BN's

bolivians are one of the hardier dwarf chiclids, but maybe look at Cockatoo dwarf cichlids, agassiiz dwarf cichlids, kribenis, dutch ram, german ram.... they are all dwarf species and are genrally peacefull but i heard they may get terratorial when breeding, if you have a well planted tank with plenty of hiding places im sure they would be fine...as i said i have 2 bolivians in my 125l community tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top