What are these?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nic1

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello! Happy Friday :)

I ordered some dried leaves for my shrimp and these turned up...
It's Friday today and can't send them back till Monday, the sad thing is, they weren't properly packaged and 3 of them all had identical cracks/split shells... it looks like they have been squashed in the post quite badly.

Will they be ok in my fry tank? Will they eat my plants? Or my babies?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    880.1 KB · Views: 148
It's ok.
The lady who sent me them said they are spixi snails that love to eat hydra and substrate worms, they don't eat shrimp or shrimp babies, she also said I can keep them rather than sending them back :)
It's all good as my shrimp tank initially was over run with hydra and I'm always hunting them down... Now I have 4 friends who can do it for me!

That's a new one to me, Spixi Snails, think going to try to find out more about these as sounds like an interesting specie.....

Hope they do help in your battle against these hydras :)

the sad thing is, they weren't properly packaged and 3 of them all had identical cracks/split shells... it looks like they have been squashed in the post quite badly.

Aw, I sure hope they're ok! Let us know how you make out with them!

They were a new one for me too! I had no idea what they were... They spent the night in the fry tank and now they are in with the shrimp. They look like they walk or step rather than slither :/ also one of them has already wriggled into the sand and started eating planaria!!
And Thrujenseyes I think the cracked ones are ok. They aren't as fast as the other one but I've put in a calcium block and they were all over it. Hopefully the shell will heal up :)

Oh good!! What an interesting species!! I hope they thrive and you post more about them!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back