What are these white dots on my driftwood?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ryan_F

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Soooo. Woke up and saw these small white dots on my driftwood. The woods like 6 or 7 months old, are these eggs or some type of algae. And yes. My ram is photobombing [emoji23]
2f028f3e908211375e24220c86f312a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the driftwood somewhat new? The white dots could be harmless fungus that appears on new driftwood.
Are the dots noticeably round? If they are it might be a bunch of tiny snail eggs.

Nah the woods about 7 months old tomorrow, Iā€™ll try get a better photo but they are pretty round. What fish would have these car from if they are eggs. Cherry barbs black widows harlequin Rasboras Coryā€™s or GBR? Thanks for your help

Is the driftwood somewhat new? The white dots could be harmless fungus that appears on new driftwood.
Are the dots noticeably round? If they are it might be a bunch of tiny snail eggs.

Nvm realised you said snails. I havenā€™t added any snails and have washed all my plants well before planting. I never see them if there is aby

They could be hydra but need a real close up of them to be sure.

Hmm... not sure how Iā€™m going to do that. My cameras not very good.. Iā€™ll try get a better photo tommorow

Iā€™ve had black beard for a few months now. It seems like the black beards dissapearing though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back