What A Difference In Behaviour

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
6,754
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
BARRY,s.wales
was going to take 6 barbs back to the shop to rehome them so that i could make room for my assams, but felt a bit bad as they are quite nice :/ so i put them in my community tank, what an influence they have had and what a change in there own behaviour, when they were in a tank on there own they shyed away, i mean really shyed away, hiding constantly- infact i wondered why i was keeping them as i never saw them or if i came near the tank they would run, :rolleyes:
but now, they and the rest of the tank inhibs come racing to the glass when they see me assuming everytime i walk past is feeding times :lol:
the angels used to do this, but the others never bothered, its soo sweet to see, and have to admit i sometimes feel obliged to feed them extra just cos they made the effort for me :blush:
anyone else ever noticed changed behaviour in fish after adding others?

shelagh xxx
 
Yup my rescue sev always hid from me when I went towards the tank, then I got some more youngsters and now he will feed from my hand :nod:

Plus he always looked stressed and dark, but now with other sevs around him he is beautiful :wub:
 
Yeah huge difference to my largest Severum (named Terminator) after I added two small sev's to his tank, he tried to, hence name, Terminate them, I thought I would have to take them back after 24 hrs as he wouldnt leave them alone. So I decided he needed a distraction, so I put my ghost knife fish in, within seconds, he had found something to take his mind off the newcomers and was so fascinated with this fish he obviously had no clue what it was that he spent his entire time watching the ghost. He never bothered the other sev's again and became best friends with one of them. To this day he doesnt bother a single other fish :D
 
I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but since I add my two new Goldern Rams at the weekend I swear I've seen more of the Platies that were already in there! The Rams seem to hang out at the front of the tank so maybe they have inspired the Platies to do the same. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top