West coast Flooding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
You can check out what is happening on Facebook " Buller Emergency Management " . This is a 1 in 100 year flood. The top half of the south Island is completely isolated and we can only go south, so in effect isolated as well.

That’s becoming more frequent here - most winters now have flooded fields…nothing like what is happening in Germany and Belgium at the moment (over 100 dead and 1300 missing) whole houses being washed away..so very sad 😢

Better than what we have had for the last 2 weeks, temperatures between 7-16C, 50-100kph winds, torrential downpours with 20-40mm of rain per day.
One place up in Queensland? got 400mm of rain in one day and it wasn't from a cyclone either.

I know we like to complain about our weather in the uk, but it is usually consistently cool and damp 😂

I know we like to complain about our weather in the uk, but it is usually consistently cool and damp 😂
I love your response to this thread just shows how self centered everyone has become, we have people loosing their houses and lively hoods and you are bothered that you are going to get a warm day.

The weird weather gives us a break from the stress associated with covid and everything else going on in the world currently. We can complain about it while it's happening then go back to stressing over covid, climate change, losing jobs, etc.

I love your response to this thread just shows how self centered everyone has become, we have people loosing their houses and lively hoods and you are bothered that you are going to get a warm day.
It was supposed to be a light-hearted comment linked to @Colin_T comment about climate change… the fuss that gets made in the newspapers and government weather warnings over here is madness…

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back