Well I Got A New Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

damanax

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I had to get rid of all my old betta tanks due to money issues and I've just now been able to start back up again. Went to the petshop the other day and they had some lovely little guys. I was going to get the black crowntail but I couldn't resist this little guy. 

His name's Ludger 

Not the greatest pics as my phone's camera isn't that great and Ludger's  always on the go.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 275
  • fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 261
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 247
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 285
  • fish4.jpg
    fish4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 270
  • fish5.jpg
    fish5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 252
He's nothing fancy, I really didn't want another veiltail but he got my attention straight away. Don't regret it at all.

He has a 17g to himself and he didn't seem to know what to do with all the space when he first went in 
tongue2.gif

lol mine is the same way he has a 10 gallon and he's all woo!!
I'm not usually a big betta fan but I'm starting to like my little guy a lot he's got a personality :D

Nice fishy.

Mine is in a 15 gal on his own.

RRaquariums said:
I'm not usually a big betta fan but I'm starting to like my little guy a lot he's got a personality
biggrin.png

devil.gif
  Congrats! You've now fallen prey to bettas....mwahhahahaha...

Ludger is very nice! I bet he's loving that 17g.

I decided to swap the small bits of wood in Ludger's tank with a big piece from my 55g.

Again my phone's camera is terrible and it's still a little murky but yeah. Ludger even decided to say hello.

fish6.jpg

Gotta fill it in a bit more but I'm quite pleased with it. The wood hadn't even been in for 5 minutes before Ludger was crawling all over it
whistling.gif

Lovely Betta and tank. If you can try and get hold of some plants that grow nearer the top so that he can rest in them

Yes I'll be taking a look. The LFS doesn't stock much and due to the quarantine laws here I'm limited to one supplier but they have a bunch of things. I just gotta make sure they're right for the conditions of the tank 
yes.gif

Just be careful that they sell you true aquatic plants, PetBarn once sold me some variegated plants that started melting after a week made such a mess of the tank.

Decided to get some more photos now that the tank has cleared up.

fish9.jpg

Ludger's neighbours  
innocent.gif

fish10.jpg

And some more Ludger. He's got a bit of fin regrowth so he looks a bit ratty at the moment. Couldn't really get a decent picture of him though since he's all over the place.

fish7.jpg

fish8.jpg

Am working on finding him some better floating plants to chill on 
good.gif

Good work, any plant that grows tall are good for chilling, or just leave some larger plants floating
Can you get Anubias plants? These can be fixed to the side of the aquarium with suction cups and grow well.

Your fish is lovely! When I got my first betta two weeks ago he seemed like he didn't know what to do in his large 10g either. He only really swims on the right side of the tank but because I think my filters current is too strong.

Good luck with your boy :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back