Website having trouble loading

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I am having trouble with the website. Pages are either not loading or are taking 5-10 minutes to load. This started yesterday morning and is happening to lots of pages I try to open.

I am using the same computer I have been using for the last 2 months. I am not downloading anything else and am using the same internet. I can load Google pages and view other websites quickly and normally, but this site is being annoying.

Computer is a lenovo ideacentre running windows10
Web browser is Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.67 (Official build) (64-bit)

First step would be to reset your modem and router, if you use a router. To do a proper reset power down the computer and unplug the power to both modem and router. Let things sit for a few minutes then power back up the modem, then router, then computer. Let the modem fully boot before powering up the router.

It could also be an ISP issue.

It could also just be a glitch that will go away in its own.

Not having any issues loading up TFF, and that’s coming from the guy who has trash WiFi. Maybe it’s your computer?

Things seem to be working ok today.

I haven't done anything at my end, just seems to be back to normal today.

I've experienced that and it tends to be an ISP (Internet Service Provider) issue. I know that sounds odd as one would figure that, if an ISP issue, it would affect all sites but that is not always the case. Data (web pages) go through different transfer stations depending where they are located in relation to where you are. There could be an issue with one transfer station that leads here but other stations are fine.

it could be that our site was undergoing the daily backup process around the time you started having issues.

For those who are unaware of this, the site is backed up every day and cannot be accessed during this time. This happens currently at 11.10 am BST (British Summer Time) and lasts for a few minutes. You'll need a time zone converter to work out what time that is where you live :)

(It can be an hour different at changeover between winter and summer as different places change the clocks on different dates)

Same here on occasion. Only takes hitting the reload button for it to revert to the correct set up.

For those who are unaware of this, the site is backed up every day and cannot be accessed during this time. This happens currently at 11.10 am BST (British Summer Time) and lasts for a few minutes. You'll need a time zone converter to work out what time that is where you live :)

(It can be an hour different at changeover between winter and summer as different places change the clocks on different dates)
Feel free to not respond as it really isn't any of my business... ;)

Do you use a hosting service or your own servers? I only ask due to your being down during backups. I use a hosting service for my three sites and everything, including data bases, are backed up daily by the hosting without any loss of access. I also do daily backups of my forum's data base directly through my forum software, phpBB, without interruption. Of course the difference could just be the software being used.

You'd need to ask an admin about that :) The down time last only a minute or two but if you are trying to do something it feels like hours.
I know the software is xenforo because it says so at the bottom of the page.

You'd need to ask an admin about that :) The down time last only a minute or two but if you are trying to do something it feels like hours.
I know the software is xenforo because it says so at the bottom of the page.
I won't bother an admin by asking as it was just curiosity and doesn't matter nor is it any of my business. ;) It was just a spur of the moment question as I'm a computer geek and always curios. LOL! One of my biggest thrills was being invited to the 2008 Microsoft global summit. Of course there a whole lot of other people invited but it was still cool. Microsoft paid for my hotel and food; I just had to get there.

My problem is that I hit 11.10 am and the forum won't do anything so I go and do somethings else and get carried away with that before finally remembering, an hour or two later, that TFF will be accessible again :lol:

Which reminds me - I need to go and check eBay/Amazon for something I've just run out of..........

My problem is that I hit 11.10 am and the forum won't do anything so I go and do somethings else and get carried away with that before finally remembering, an hour or two later, that TFF will be accessible again :lol:
I know exactly what you mean. I go to research something on-line and get sidetracked, go off on a tangent and end up forgetting what I was looking for in the first place. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back