Have to keep logging in

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I logged in during the day and all was good. I come on tonight and have to log back in. After logging in I got a message pop up on the bottom of the screen. It is on a grey background and says "The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version".

I reload the page and am apparently logged in but every time I open a new link, I get the same message and a heap of adverts and I am not logged in on that page.

Still using the same laptop with Windows 10, The web browser is Microsoft Edge and no I am not changing to a different browser.

Are you on the 'old' Edge or the new version?

I have no idea if that makes a difference as I don't use Edge, but I'm aware that it updated to a new version a short while ago.

Did you put a tick in the "stay logged in box". If I haven't been on for a few days it gets removed.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 201524.jpg

don't know anything about new vs old edge, whatever is on the computer.

yes the keep me logged in has been ticked

Is there an update due for this forum? @essjay

It could be a bug thrown up if Colin's browser was recently updated. Whomever runs the backend issues on the forum might be able to resolve it.

don't know anything about new vs old edge, whatever is on the computer.

yes the keep me logged in has been ticked

Microsoft have released a new version of Edge which is replacing the old one. They’re calling the old version ‘legacy’ and it goes out of support early next year. This means over time sites will stop working with the old one and you’ll probably have to switch over to it or another browser at some pointl

Admins set the forum rules and look after the software.
Mods do the day to day housekeeping of the forum.
You do a great job. Everyone is generally very polite and well behaved. Most peaceful forum I've ever been part of :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back