Weather Loach Fry Journal

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes them to hatch? google is coming up with nothing :(
Thanks

I think it's three days, although my mate who keeps weather loach never got any to hatch :(

Thanks will keep my eyes peeled, I moved the adults to another tank see if any hatch.

Good luck; I think just spawning weathers is a real achievement!

Its by pure accident, I decided to close down my coldwater tank, all the fish went to new homes except the 2 weather loach, they have been languishing in a 400l tank on their own for 2 weeks lol, I saw them spawning this morning when I was cleaning out one of the other tanks. It was planned to move the adults today anyway, just typical I still cant turn the 400l tank to tropical now, I have to give it a week see if I get any fry.

got a pic of the male wrapping the female just before she released a load of eggs.

032-8.jpg

Wow, not something we read about everyday... Good luck star! :D

Thanks NOBody, this is a real new one on me too. I will update if I get any fry. Typical I am in desperate need of this tank, but I have to see if I get fry first, such a rarity I have to give it a go now!

Not a great pic I am afraid my camera cant pick the eggs up as they are tiny, but looking ok this morning :)

001-73-1.jpg

I'd be getting some brine shrimp hatching out, just in case they do hatch :D

Wondering if there is any news, Star4? Been a week since since you reported this rare event!

The eggs I could see didnt hatch, however I think I have caught sight of movement in the gravel, trouble is its a 400l tank with large gravel in the conservatory so seeing anying is really difficult. Giving it to the weekend hopefully might be able to see something. The pair spawned again in the other tank, but I had no spare tank to move the eggs to, they obviously hadnt finished from last week!!

Bit of a shock because I have abondoned the tank (personal problems) its covered in algae but there is a filter still running, but I have found a baby weather loach in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weatherloachfry.jpg

sorry its a rubbish picture but it was the best I could do before it vanished into the depths of the tank, its fat and about 1/2" long. I am overwhelmed I have sucessfully bred weather loach and have at least one fry to proove it :)

Fantastic news!

Would love to see a clearer pic of it at some point. :D

LOL so would I the tank is filthy. My two rescue oscars have at last been offered a home soon as they have gone I can carefully take down this tank and move the fry (hoping more than one :) :) :) ) I cant believe it, I was so convinced nothing had hatched, I feel awful leaving the tank in such a state now, but obviously this little one isnt bothered.

Given you say it is a plump 0.5" youngster, I wonder what it has been feeding on until you spotted it and has it taken to whatever you have now tried to actively feed it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back