We Have A Spawn! Kinda Weird Though...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jesse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Sooooo two of my cichlids Have decided to spawn. I have been moving around fish from tank to tank making room for a different pair to spawn and something odd happened. I put two convicts in with a salvini, Jack dempsey, and an albino oscar. Almost immediately my salvini paired up with one of the convicts and now they have little wigglers. I know I can't keep them so I'll either destroy them or feed them to another tank, but I'm kinda curious on what they would look like.

Cool! I would keep a few and raise them up. Then sell them once they reach adulthood! Just to see what kind of funky fish you get :)

Please do not sell hybrids into the hobby. If you want to keep some for yourself out of curiosity that is one thing. Introducing "frankenfish" into the hobby is another.

I know,I had no intentions on selling them as I said already. I fed them to one of my other tanks anyhow.

No it does not"suck" This is actually how nature works. Big fish eat little fish. And most fish eat fry if they can.

The next time you go shopping for an angel fish bear in mind that angel breeders feed more of their fry to other fish then they end up selling.

Fish- my comment was not directed towards you but rather the one suggesting you sell them.

Yeah - but it sucks to anyone desperately trying to get fry of any kind and watching brood of eggs go pale and die possibly infertile time after time. I'm sure in nature anything goes, whole swathes of things go extinct, just don't want to see it happen in my tank, thank you very much.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back