Water water everywhere

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Arrived home to a large pool of water on my study floor. Glad I'm not working away this week. Ok it was only around 5 liters but that's a lot when its not inside the tank. It was pretty obvious the source was the Flex as I have 2 tanks next to each other. Oh no I have a leak :eek:

Turns out I did not have a leak after all. Part of the weekly water change is removing MTS from the water return nozzles. I assume they pass through the filter but I guess there is a chance they just climb in and then grow to the point where they can't get back out. Yesterdays partial blockage (stuck MTS!!!) was just enough to increase the pressure on the nozzle aimed at the side of the tank enough to lift some of the returning water over the edge of the tank.

Lesson learnt

Well, it could have been worse so thank goodness it was a fixer. Hope your floor dried out. :)

Don't you just hate stuff like that ? I had some wetness around a tank a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be condensation. Still it freaked me out until I discovered the reason. Tanks just don't leak. Unless you move them without draining all the water and taking out heavy gravel they seem to be foolproof. Like in your case, there will be a culprit that isn't the aquarium itself. Wet carpet is a drag as I'm sure you found out.

Its a laminate floor. Easy enough to wipe but may take a few weeks or more to find out if any seeped through and caused damage

Its a laminate floor. Easy enough to wipe but may take a few weeks or more to find out if any seeped through and caused damage
I always use a shop vac or wet vac when I spill on the laminate. It sucks a LOT out. You may want to borrow one and do that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back