Water Tooooo Hot

Mine reaches about 28 in my house on a hot day and none seem to mind. Also my water comes out of my tap at about 5-8 degrees C when im using the python to fill all my fish come play in it... they love it with no issues of the temp change....
 
Take a few used soda/water bottles and clean them thoroughly.
Fill them with water and freeze them.
When the temp is too high float one or two of them in the tank. If the temp gets too cold, the heater will kick in.
You can also place a fan to blow over the water surface.
It might cause evaporation so be sure to top the tank off.


I do this as well and have no ill effects, my tank is a 50 gallon. I use a 3 litter bottle. I've also heard if you have a canister filter you can get a cooler for it and keep it in Ice and just have the hoses coming out, so the water cools when it goes through the canister.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top