Water Problem That Won't End!

koodava

New Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Points
0
this is driving me mad!

I did a complete water change, cleaned the tank, replaced the stones.
And still my water is yellow. It was clear for 3 days, then it went
cloudy & grey now it's back to yellow, and I cannot see the back of
the tank. From what i've read on here, yes I am overstocked.
I have a 10 gallon tank, with a filter designed for a 5 - 15 gallon tank.
Should I get a filter for a 10-20 gallon or is there something else wrong?
Please help!

Thanks.
 
I'd definatley go for a bigger fliter, especially if you think you are over-stocked!
What are your stocking levels and water stats [ammonia, nitrites and nitrates].

As for the colour of the water......do you have any bogwood in there? Bogwood releases tannins that can colour your water yellow [personally I think it looks good], it will fade out eventually.

Lisa x
 
test the water then you will get an answer that is more likely to be closer to whats actually happening..
like Lisa said with wood.. do u have any? you can run active carbon to try to clear it up, but lets find out whats causing it first :)
also yes you def need a larger flow rate filter, it will benifit both you and the fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top