Water Parameters for WA

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anyone know the water parameters for Washington State? I live in the Bellevue area. I have a hunch that the tap water here has phosphate and silicates, but that's just a guess. I cannot go out due to the shelter in home ordinance and ran out of water testing stuff. I ask because I'm sick of buying phosguard because I assume there is phosphates and silicates in the tap water. Anyone in my area know?

Thanks!

I live north of you, in the Vancouver, BC region. Water all along the coast of Oregon, Washington and BC is very soft. GH is less than 1 dGH, same for KH. The pH is quite acidic though many water authorities add substances like soda ash to bring it up to 7 which is less corrosive on plumbing.

I really would not worry about phosphates and silicates. Do you have reason to assume these are present?

I live north of you, in the Vancouver, BC region. Water all along the coast of Oregon, Washington and BC is very soft. GH is less than 1 dGH, same for KH. The pH is quite acidic though many water authorities add substances like soda ash to bring it up to 7 which is less corrosive on plumbing.

I really would not worry about phosphates and silicates. Do you have reason to assume these are present?
I think he means WA Australia? I didn't see a location in the profile

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back