Watched A Show On Fishkeeping...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I tried to find this show on youtube but couldn't get it. It was something called Marc Morrone: Fish part 1 and it was on demand...

The opening, they show some saltwater tanks... okay, that is fine. This show goes downhill.

First they show two MASSIVELY overstocked tanks, one with Guppies and Platies. It looked like a 10 gal tank with 20-30fish. :eek: The other tank was filled with various Tetras, Serpae, dyed White Skirts, Black Skirts, X-Ray, all crammed in a tank. No gravel or decorations in either. But here is what pissed me off.

"Look at these tanks. The fish sure do look happy. But what is missing? A filter!"

Yes, he had these tanks with NO heater, filter, or hood! He says he had them like this for 5 minutes and "THese fish wouldn't last a half hour", yet for the whole 15 minute show, he never adds the filter. He also says that gravel is optional. Unless you want a really messy tank with food and waste floating all around... uhh...

They then show more tanks that irritate me. A tank crammed with goldfish and pictus cats, a tank full of dyed glassfish...

He then kind of mentions cycling. He says, in a 15gal tank, put in 5 fish AN HOUR AFTER SETTING UP THE TANK. He says, ammonia will not be toxic at this level. He fails to mention that this is a fish in cycle, not mentioning fishless cycling, mature media.... anything.

This was only part 1 of 2. I am so irritated I don't know if I can watch part two. I just had to share. I hope nobody follows this as their model to a first fish tank!

Oh man, that is not good at all!

How did this guy get aired?

-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Back