Was Supposed To Be A Fowlr.........

Yeh, i saw it sitting there last week and almost had it, couldn't resist temptation today.

That's it on the fish front for me now though :good:

Getting more used to the tank now, but still retreats to a hiding spot if i get too close.

DSCF9042-1.jpg

DSCF9041.jpg

Gethin

PROTEIN SKIMMER HAS ARRIVED! - later than expected!

TMC V2 400 with rio 2100 pump (Alittle large for the tank i know, but found a good deal) :shifty:

Need some help here..

I have cleaned the skimmer, set it up in/on the tank, pumps running well and skimmer is producing bubbles.

Now i know that it needs to settle in to start working properly, so should i just leave it running for a couple of days before tinkering with it?

Could get pics if needed :good:

Cheers, Gethin

PROTEIN SKIMMER HAS ARRIVED! - later than expected!

TMC V2 400 with rio 2100 pump (Alittle large for the tank i know, but found a good deal) :shifty:

Need some help here..

I have cleaned the skimmer, set it up in/on the tank, pumps running well and skimmer is producing bubbles.

Now i know that it needs to settle in to start working properly, so should i just leave it running for a couple of days before tinkering with it?

Could get pics if needed :good:

Cheers, Gethin

Get pics, skimmers aren't my thing, but others here run them and can help you better.

L

I have the skimmer running properly now, thanks though lljd!

I have a better update....

I have bought 2 mushroom frags and a pulsing xenia coral for only £10 :good:
I will also be getting some small kenya tree frags on saturday.

Pics to follow

Here are the pics, my SLR cam wasn't charged so had to use a different camera.
Pics make the mushies look pale green, but they really are vivid neon green in colour. Also the xenia has not opened up yet.

DSCF9052.jpg

DSCF9051.jpg

DSCF9050.jpg

DSCF9048.jpg

DSCF9047.jpg

DSCF9046.jpg

DSCF9044.jpg

I do not like this scape :/ Tried to hide the huge pump!

I don't like the idea of an open top tank (because of constant evaporation) but think it is the way to go, my skimmer doesn't fit under the hood, even with abit of sawing, and ive seen a good little fixture on ebay for £40 that would be enough for softies.
Whats your personal preferences when it comes to open top or enclosed?

I've seen mature tanks with equipment in the tank, and the equipment becomes covered in caroline algae. Which hides it to a great extent.

Depends on the fish...

I have lids in all my tanks, but I really tend to like fish that have jumping problems. Other people are fine without lids keeping the same jump happy fish. LOL

I'll probably go lidless for new lighting. Will then investigate a Perspex cover of some sort. To prevent jumping and evaporation.

I have a blenny that likes to jump when i do water changes. Acrylic or glass could be an option. I won't be using halides so no risk of the glass cracking or acrylic melting.

hmmmm....

I have a blenny that likes to jump when i do water changes. Acrylic or glass could be an option. I won't be using halides so no risk of the glass cracking or acrylic melting.

hmmmm....

If halides are utilized correctly there is no cracking of glass or acrylic melting. I use halides in two tanks.

hmmmm....

If halides are utilized correctly there is no cracking of glass or acrylic melting. I use halides in two tanks.

May be an option then.

I have been looking at these though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280766047570?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Should be good for softies shouldn't it? what do you think?

Today i searched out a small shop that supplies the bigger shops around my area... I wasn't going to buy anything, the sole purpose of going there was just to find where the shop was and what it sells. I was quite surprised to see such a small shop that sells everything you could hope for from any supplier.

So.....

I had some cash on me and had a look at their corals. The owner was very helpful and gave me some zoa frag freebies with the other 3 pieces of coral i bought.

I bought a piece of live rock that is around 9 inches long and is covered in zoas (need to id) also 2 other smaller pieces, one with zoas and the other with green mushrooms and yellow polyps. Here are the pics.

DSCF9062.jpg

DSCF9059.jpg

DSCF9057.jpg

DSCF9055.jpg

DSCF9053.jpg

Pics are abit rubbish :/

I also bought a BOYU overhead light that should be here on friday (with any luck) Not sure how good it will be, but it was cheap so i'll give it a go.

Slowly getting to where i want to be. Maybe a kenya tree next.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back