Vote Now! - September 2022 Tank of the Month Contest (16 US Gal & Smaller)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now - September 2022 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 10 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' August 2022 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on September 13th at 12 PM ET (US)

Last edited:
image.jpeg

This is my newest ten (10) US gallon aquarium. The sparse decor may not impress everyone but there is a place in the hobby for working tanks especially for the breeder. Now on to the specifics.
Filtration is from one Aqua Top sponge filter driven by a Tetra Whisper 10 air pump.
The water is 7.8 pH and 80 PPM TDS.
No supplemental heat. This tank is in a room that will be heated to 70 degrees Fahrenheit in winter but stays anywhere from 72 to 90 (ugghh) at other times of the year.
There is a floating glass thermometer in there to monitor temperature.
Full glass top to trap heat and prevent leaping escapes.
No substrate for ease of maintenance but the bottom is painted black.
Plants are Vesicularia dubyana Java Moss and Microsorium pteropus Java Fern. I only have starts in there now because I want to watch growth rates in this north facing window location.
The one special nicety is my background made from back issues of TFH Magazine.
Whichever fish go in have not been decided upon but they will be either breeders or fry from my Killifish . A close, magnified inspection has revealed cyclops and other small microorganisms so this is a healthy , living aquarium.
Make one like this for yourself. You'll need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
1661877193636.png

This is my 30 litre ADA 60F. The dimensions are 60x30x18cm making it a long shallow tank.

It is currently home to a small colony of Neocaridina Shrimp - I'd say Cherry Shrimp but I have a mix of Cherrys, Yellows and Naturals, which is intentional as I wanted a simple 'low grade' colony.

The filter is an Oase Filtosmart 100 Thermo, an external with contained heater so the only equipment in the tank are the inlet and outlet. The light is a Chiheros A Series, a simple light that is controllable, I keep it on the second lowest settings which I think is about 8 watts.

The plants are all focused on the low tech side of things and are:
- Cardamyne Lyrata
- Hydrocotyle Vulgaris
- Liiliaopsis Brasiliensis
- Vallisnera sp.
- Aubias sp. Mini Coin
- Bucephalandra sp. Katarina
- Red root floaters and duckweed on the surface.

It also has a Mini Monsterra growing hydroponically, though the roots have not taken off on it yet. It may need a few more weeks to get going.

Heres my entry
And heres my proof :)

Wills

This is my 27 litre 30 cm cube shrimp tank.
shrimp tank.JPG

The inhabitants are red cherry shrimps, a Clithon nerite snail, at least two species of pest snail and freshwater limpets (the white dots on the glass.

Light: AquaEl Leddy 2 clip on light
Filter: AquaEl Pat internal filter
Heater: Visitherm 50 w
Substrate: B D Trading sand

Plants -
Java moss on a tall thin piece of wood in the back right corner
Anubias bonsai on the wood at the front left (together with nerite eggs from a previous tank the wood was in)
Schismatoglottis prietoi at the front right
Small unknown brown crypt back left (courtesy of AdoraBelle Dearheart, and despite the different water chemistry it still hasn't melted yet)
Red root floater on the surface.

The tank is in the kitchen, which means there are lots of reflections in the glass as nowhere is far from the tank!

My standard 10 gallon aquarium:
10.jpg

--
Been setup for somewhere between 6 and 12 months but the heater with the algae has been in a tank for 3 years as once upon a time this was a 5 gallon that grew up into a 10; population include 6 little snakes (Pangio shelfordii) ; 5
apistogrammoides pucallpaensis (will reduce to 2 when a pair forms); a lot of shrimps - some in the picture; 6 ember tetra who hate being photographed but love being fed and a young L397 that will be removed soon - if i can catch him. Not a great picture as it is a bit bright; but the plants are almost as interesting as the fishes; i should probably replace this picture with another - maybe later today.

And here is the require picture that will be removed by the mod verifying the tank:View attachment 165844

IMG_20220831_110402965.jpg

This is my 10 gal tank, which grows hair algae wonderfully!
It has just reached it's 1 year set up anniversary, but the substrate was swapped a few weeks ago. Sorry for the horrible reflections, was too lazy to pull down the blinds. No fish currently living in it, but that leaves lots of room for potential and new fish soon!
It is decorated with natural driftwood, river rock with Christmas moss, java ferns, some kind of rotala, and an unknown variety of crypt.
Equipped with a hygger light, and an off brand sponge filter.
My hopes are to add more plants and hopefully stock with some neo shrimp and perhaps some pygmy cories.
The crypts aren't looking too hot because of the substrate change, and so I almost didn't enter, but here I am anyway just to say I participated. Hope y'all like the tank okay!

thumbnail_image0.jpg

This is my 15 gallon Fluval Flex. It is my first tank and I am very proud of it.
  1. One Paradise Gourami - the star of the tank
  2. Five ruby barbs
  3. Two green tiger barbs
  4. Two Albino Corydoras
  5. Four swordtails
  6. Two electric blue rams
  7. Two dark knights
  8. Two kuhli loaches
  9. Two Yoyo loaches
All the greenery you see is natural, and one beautiful Madagascar lace plant. I used Seachem fluorite (I love the color) and red lava rocks.

Its been a few months and they are doing great! Thank you all for the great information here.

IMG_20220831_194155.jpg

This is my dirted tank setup 4 months old. 15 gallons 60 liters
15cm deep subtrate, 12 cm garden soil capped with 3 cm of gravel.
40% water change every 10 days with 10mll of easylife profito fertilizer and offcourse seachem prime.
15w led light and 600l per hour internal filter cleaned every 10 days when water change.
Dwarf Sagitaria
Anubias barteri var. nana
Valisneria
Hygrophila corymbosa
Duck Weed
Other type of Hygrophila(uncertain of name) called lemon hygro here
Bacopa monnieri
Cryptocoryne brown
And recently added some Micranthemum callitrichoides (Dwarf baby tears) trying to get it started.

Have healty colony of red cherry shrimps arround 100 and 1 nerite snail.
1 x Veil-tail Betta that has been in store with other bettas and lost one eye so his name is Seamus ( from family guy)
6 x Platyy 2 males and 4 females
3 Guppy 1 male 2 females
and few ember tetras had 9 of them but i started removing them its just hard to get them all out they hide in plants so its working process just few left soon none.
Sorry for pic quality taken at night no daylight and with phone

5297C7A7-B129-4DAC-8D99-7D8E13753CF0.jpeg

Hello everyone!!! My name is Mike aka “FrezhFinz” I am new to the TFF community very fresh you can say, I am not a seasoned vet in the aquarium hobby I previously had a couple 10 gallons when I was younger but decided to pick up the hobby again and was seeking more information and researching everything best as possible I have two tank setups right now 40 gallon and 10 gallon this is my current 10 gallon setup which I have had setup for a couple of weeks now it is a Aqueon Led 10 Gallon kit which consists of Low Profile LED Hood, QuietFlow Power Filter, Filter Cartridge, Submersible Preset Heater I added blue gravel substrate one cave system and a cage decoration I grabbed at Petco when I got the setup and I have three different kinds of plants right now in this tank I have on the left a lucky bamboo, in the middle anubias congensis, and to the right a unknown plant I forgot the name of the plant and can’t remember the name I am new to the live plant world as well I haven’t owned them before I am researching more everyday. The community I have in the tank is a Pleco
5 Black neon Tetras
2 Tiger barbs 1 Metriaclima lombardoi
and I think a not 100% 1 Chindongo demasoni I feed the tetras flakes and then the cichlids Sera Granured Nature pellets the tigers eat from both I do half a pinch and then I drop the sera pellets and watch the cichlids attack them and when they stop eating before I go to bed and turn the lights off and algae pellets for my pleco. I feed them once twice a day with a light breakfast. The water parameters are in good stable condition I check every other day with API test strip, 76 Degrees Fahrenheit. If anyone can give me tips and tricks i would be greatly appreciated in all things involved in this hobby I love everything about it please feel free to comment on what you think I should do with the tank and give me any ideas for the future I would love feedback thank you so much! -Mike

IMG_20220901_083611.jpg

This is my 60l Community Planted Tank.
It is heated to around 25 degrees Celcius.
It currently houses:
  • 3 zebra danios (AKA Brian, Itsuki, and Wave)
  • 4 panda corydoras (although they are in quarantine at the moment) (AKA Pandi, Bandit, Yoda, and Grogu)
  • 1 sparkling gourami
  • 1 guppy (who has turned into a danio) (AKA Delta)
  • 1 croaking gourami (who was meant to be a sparkling gourami) (AKA Frog)
  • 1 bristlenose pleco (AKA Bob)
  • 4 Zebra Snails (AKA Billy, Betty, Malteser and Humbug - Yes I know I name snails)
And in terms of plants, I have MANY:
  • Anubis barteri
  • Dwarf Hygrophila
  • Lilaeopsis Novae-Zelandiae
  • Amazon Frogbit
  • A moss ball
  • Christmas moss
  • Another type of hygrophila
  • A type of grassy plant
  • Water Wisteria
  • Micranthemum Monte carlo
  • Red Tiger Lotus
  • Some sort of Bacopa I think (somewhere)
The lights are on from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. They are fed Hikari Micro Wafers and JBL NovoPleco. They also occasionaly get some flake food. As a treat they get either some live or frozen daphnia.

The water has always been completely fine. The Ph is 6.8. The water is hard.
I do a water change probably not as often as I should, but if I test the water and it is fine then I don't really need to.

In terms of other tanks, I don't have any, except a quarantine tank. I do have a pond though.

I hope this is all I need to say! Thanks!

20220901_102820-01-01.jpeg

This is my Aquamanta Nano 35. Unsprisingly its a 35mm cube.
It's been running since March 31st this year and is home to just 8 happy Rosy Tetras.
As for plants I've gone through so many I'm not sure exactly what's in there now! Theres a couple of moss balls, some Java, more moss that's growing really well over a branch and Amazon Frogbit dancing on the surface that was put in hoping it will help solve my brown algae issues. I use root tabs and Seachem Flourish. The water parameters are good although because my tap water is nitrate high to start with I some times use 50% RO water in my water changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back