Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
VOTING HAS NOW ENDED
POTM
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 12 awesome pets entered into July 2021 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. This is a public poll - source of all votes can be viewed.

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Poll will close on July 28th at 1:58 PM ET (US).
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
DBAD6C28-95C7-4701-A8BE-627DCD8FA761.jpeg

this is my 2 year old cockapoo Pippi. she is always by my side and I love her so much. currently she is laying on my legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG-3888.jpg

This is my brother's Phidippus Audax that I help take care of. They are a species of jumping spider that is found in my area.
This specimen is a female, and doesn't have a name. However, we are particularly fond of her and she has already escaped multiple times due to *ahem* miscalculations *ahem*. However, she is now very happy and lives in a terrarium we found at costco for a steal of $30. We found her in hibernation in February and we have fed her a variety of foods including crickets, fruit flies, and regular flies. We are looking for a male Phidippus to go with her but we have yet to find one.

EDIT: Their common name is bold jumping spider
EDIT 2: Sorry for poor quality of main image

7CA310DF-264E-40D1-963B-85AA8547BA76.jpeg

This is Alex, my gray tabby, who turns 12 in November. We found him 11 years ago under my mom’s truck and have loved him unconditionally ever since.
He is on a hard food diet but I might switch him to soft soon since he is getting old. He eats Whole Hearted, chicken flavor (he hates fish).
He is a love bug and also very dramatic. But he loves me like I never irritated him when I was 6 years old. I love him so much and he is the most perfect cat in my eyes.

He winked at me before I took this following photo :lol:

Screenshot 2021-07-10 150728.png

Meeka, my Aussie

she was rehomed to us, we are her fifth owner.
she's an old girl, around 14-16 years old. We have had her for as long as I can remember. She is long-haired, but she had just got a haircut in this picture. Yes, her eyes are somewhat white, she is not going blind, she was like that when she was born. she eats dry food. She barks. A lot, lol.
sadly she has congestive heart failure and might have to be put down soon 😭

2F5D17B7-5CF6-4493-9BA6-2CFA0F5BD8A6.jpeg

This is Edmund. He is a 36 pound, five month old bernedoodle. (Bernese mountain dog and poodle mix) He knows sit, shake, kiss, down, come, and bow. He loves to lick my feet, and, since he’s a puppy and still bites a bit, chew on my feet. He has a very sensitive stomach and can only eat kibble. He is afraid of vacuums, balloons, and soccer balls. Thanks for reading, and good luck everyone!

Snapchat-633024977.jpg
This is Ruvik! We call him "Ruvie"
He is a captive bred garter snake. We've had since he was a little guy, he is three years old. His last measurement was 32 inches long! Though he should be done growing now. He sheds twice-three times a year. He lives in a 4ft by 2ft terrarium but twice a week he gets out to "play." His own "playground" is an empty tank with different branches in it he just likes to climb around in. Ruvik eats every 5 days but would probably eat everyday if given the opportunity! His preferred food is Canadian nightcrawlers We feed him a rotating menu of nightcrawlers, feeder frogs and minnows. He has a very shy personality, he likes to explore and climb but if the environment is new he takes a bit to get comfortable enough to go out. Im not sure if he necessarily likes being held since hes a snake haha but he doesn't ever try to escape your hands. Hes also never bit anyone including kids. Ruvik is a good noodle!

F9891E61-E3F5-4EAB-A427-951DDF4F9140.jpeg

This is Fettuccine, my praying mantis. Temporarily he is living in a large jar with some soil and a bunch of branches, but I’m in the process of setting up a proper bioactive terrarium for him with my bromeliad.

He’s fairly young. I just got him quite recently. He’s a cute fella. He’s a little camera shy, so getting a good picture was a little hard.

Thanks for reading!

threemice.png

This is my boy Remmy (on the right). He's a Mitchell's Hopping Mouse which is native to Australia. The other mice in the photo are Remmy's Mum, Dad and Auntie. Unfortunately, they are no longer with us as they passed not long ago due to old age. I bred these mice which is how I ended up with Remmy. He's one of my 2019 Christmas babies 😆 Yes he was born on Christmas day. Unfortunately, their numbers in the wild are declining much faster than we'd like so I'm hoping to one day be able to bread them for release.
Thanks!

IMG_20210714_201236270_2.jpg

Meet Ophelia Jane!
She is a 11 week old kitten, with beautiful orange eyes and a locket of white at her chest.
She is so snuggly and sweet, and will come up to you and scream for loves. Her voice hasn't fully developed yet so when she meows it sounds super raspy, almost like a bird 😆
She loves her little elephant toy, and will snuggle with it whenever a human isn't available. She loves to chew on hair and bat around jingle balls, and when she's not playing you can probably find her asleep either in the sun or on a lap.
Hope you love her as much as I do ❤️
(Edited on recommendation from the mod to change the entry photo to one that shows her awake. Tag blacked out for privacy.)

My hamster (he doesn’t have a name yet)

A4C471A2-E1E5-4337-9C18-268B4BDA9BA3.png

This is my hamster! He doesn’t have a name yet, Im just waiting to see his personality a little more! I don’t know how old he is, he was a rescue. A lady at a gas station gave him to us, skinny, dirty, long teeth, and with an infection on his belly. We brought him home, fed him well, treated him with several different creams and ointments til we found one that helped him heal, we are trying different chew toys to find one he likes, and I have a brand new, custom design, very large, plenty of ventilation cage in planning to get him out of his itty bitty critter trail cage. He’s so sweet, let’s us handle him and check how his belly healed. He eats a seed and pellet mix feed and gets treats like apple, carrot, and cucumber. I am so glad we were able to save him!

End of Entries:
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 12 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread.

Toward the end of this month, our August Tank of the Month contest will begin accepting entries which will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. So get your tanks ready to enter the contest.

Thanks for particpating in TFF's monthly contests.

Last edited:
Tacocat has won Pet of the Month with his unusual Jumping Spider.
You may congratulate Tacocat in the winner's thread by clicking HERE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back