🐠 TOTM Vote Now! - January 2023 Tank of the Month Contest (17 to 30 gal)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now - January 2022 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
tankofthemonth-img.jpg
'
POLL IS NOW CLOSED!
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 6 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' January 2023 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on January 16th at 4:40 PM ET (US)

Last edited:
AC38C677-A5E8-4C3E-AD59-C00DAD5076B9.jpeg

This is my 29 gallon tank housing 3 Black Skirt Tetras, 4 Tiger Barbs, 1 pepper cory, and 2 Bushynose Plecos.
The plants are Anubias. There is a large piece of driftwood that is covered with plants. The driftwood is arch shaped which allows fish to swim through it. The Plecos each have their own territory and are very peaceful.
The lighting is an 18 inch 6000K fluorescent tube. The main filter is a Marineland 200 filter. I have replaced the cartridge with a sponge and a layer of floss. I also have a large sponge filter on the right side of the tank. I do a 50% water change every 12 days and rinse out the filter sponge once a month. The floss in the filter gets replaced at the same time I clean and reuse the sponge. The heater is an Aqueon Pro 150 watt model. I made the 2 red pleco caves out of flagstone and rocks. The substrate is pool filter sand. The Plecos each get a large algae wafer every three days. For the other fish, I drop in New Life Spectrum flakes and occasional frozen brine shrimp. I also occasionally feed Hikari freeze dried shrimp.
Hope you like my tank as much as my fish like it ;)

Last edited:
IMG_20230104_164026.jpg

This is my 20 gallon tank. I just finished rescaping it (5 minutes ago when typing this) For equipment there are two internal filters one full of carbon the other full of filter floss, a large air stone in the back round, and a heater. For plants there are two moth orchids and one bonsai growing out if the water. As for the submerged plants there are bucephalandra, java fern windelev,. java fern trident, Bolbitis heudelotii, a Amazon sword, nymhpoides sp. Taiwan, cryptocoryne wendtii brown, cryptocoryne flamingo, cryptocoryne something something, a bunch of different anubias, a stem plant I forgot the name of, and sadly a bunch of duckweed. For animals I have 3 amano shrimp, 1 one not so gaint gaint fan shrimp, 6 neon tetras, a bunch of guppies endler hybrids, , 6 African dwarf frogs, 8 dwarf neon gobies, 6 Panda cories, 6 albino bronze cories, 3 dwarf gouramis, 3 different species of snails, a wiptail catfish added today, 9 clown Killifish, and a Otto. The lighting Is included in with the tank it is medium lighting, the fertilizer is Microbe lift plants green, there's no co2. For water changes I do a 25% water change every two weeks. If anyone is wondering my south east Asian tank has been set back due to the lights breaking and the stand needs reinforcing or replacin

Last edited by a moderator:
20230103_153753 (002).jpg

This is my 20 Gallon Freshwater Community tank. I have 2 African Dwarf Frogs, a Khuli Loach, a Clown pleco, Nerite and MTS Snails and my Female Glo Betta named Buttons. I do weekly 25% to 50% water changes depending on how I feed (with community tanks I tend to over feed sometimes to make sure everyone gets something so I ended up leaving a day or 2 in between. Filtered by Sponge cant remember what the name of the light was that I got online Im pretty sure it was amazon.com Easy Green all in one Ferts no CO2 currently. Prime water conditioner and I will throw in egg shells every now and again for the snails :) This was my first "Large" tank (more then 5 gallons). A mixture of Anubias, Amazon Swords frogbit and Wisteria, Spiky Moss and Java Fern.

IMG_20230104_222610.jpg

Here's my tank. lt's a 19 gallon aquarium that houses my pair of Betta Coccina. I added some Red Cherry Shrimp yesterday, that you can see in the breeder box. I keep them there because they have Ellobiopsidae and l need to keep a close eye on them. The tank's substrate is gravel, whith peat on top of it, which helps lower the pH so that my Coccinas are happy. It's not really heavily planted, because the plants don't thrive in these low-light and acidic water conditions. I collected the wood and all the botanicals for the tank myself from the countryside, and l'm loving them. It's heated at 78F. The water parameters are:
Ammonia/Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 5
pH: 6
It's nothing special, but it's all l've ever wanted, and it's my pride and joy.

Last edited:
74BAFB84-4451-4B61-8F90-5E97CBEAF3A2.jpeg

This is my 29 gallon freshwater tank. I set this up in our main living room and really enjoy watching my little fish. They all get along quite well.
Current occupants:
12 white fin ornate tetras (a.k.a the dirty dozen)
2 Mollies
3 fancy guppies
2 octocinclus
2 mystery snails
3 nerite snails
1 golden dojo loach (a.k.a Noodle)
1 Kuhli loach
Some live Java fern plants.
Stock heater. Temp falls around 76-78 degrees.
Water parameters all fall within normal range except the ph is a little low. Top lid led lighting. Filter is an Aqua clear 50 and I have an 3watt led light for algae control. I do a 30% water change every week to 10 days and vacuum gravel every other wc. I feed them tropical flakes once a day along with some algae wafers and switch up between blood worms or brine shrimp about twice a week. Thanks for checking out my tank. Happy viewing 🐠.

IMG_20230106_143821223~2.jpg

This is my 29 gallon tank (please forgive the glare). I've had this tank for 2 1/2 years now, and I love it!
Here is the basic info:
Filtered with an Eheim Ecco Pro canister filter.
Off brand lighting and heating.
Heavily planted with crypts and one massive java Fern.
Scaped with pool filter sand and itty-bitty gravel. Hunk of driftwood ( perhaps mopani?) And some twig like driftwood. Two fake caves, but are hidden by plants.
No fertilizers used!
Fish are as follows:
2 Siamese Algae Eaters
10 cherry barbs
1 female bristlenose pleco
1 Bolivian ram named Ramsey!
This tank lives in the living room, and I love looking at it every day!

Poll is now closed!

Last edited:
Right now we are accepting entries for Pet of the Month featuring Pet Pals. If you have two or more pets (no fish) who interact with each other, we hope to see you entering the contest.
Click HERE to view entry thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back