Violent Guppy

blfoster

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New York
I've had a guppy for a couple of months. It has been very peaceful up until the past few days. Several times this week I have observed it harassing my x-ray tetra.

Everywhere I've looked I've read that guppies are good community fish. Has anyone else had a guppy turn violent?
 
Is it the only guppy in the tank.
 
Needs some mates, it's lonely.
 
Needs some mates, it's lonely.

Thanks for the advice.

Should one be enough? I'm really close to the limit of what my tank can handle.

Also, does it have to be the same species (or whatever it's called) of guppy? I have a snakeskin guppy. Would it have to be another snakeskin guppy?
 
Any other fancy guppy will do. He may be aggressive too that guppy aswell, in which case youll need too get another one.

I asked about this problem and its supposed to be 5 male guppies minimum

or 1 male to 2 female ratio
 
Don't buy females if the tank is already full, they breed like rabbits, and create alot of problems with overstlocking and bad water quality.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top