Gourami Lover88
Fish Crazy
This morning tested my discus tanks nitrate leval and I got a reading of 160ppm
. Any nitrate in a discus tank is not good but 160ppm is like the grim reaper knocking on your front door!!
I know this cant be right since I do daily water changes of 10%. The test kit is fine as i tested my tap water and other tanks they came up normal : 0ppm for tap and 5-10ppm for other tanks.
But to be honest this is the first time in about 1 month I have tested the discus tanks nitrate.
And in the past month I have added peat nuggets, blackwater exctract and four peices of drift wood
Would this cause such wild reading? if so I never heard of test kits being affected by blackwater....
To be on the safe side i did a 40% water change with new water. But if the nitrate was really 160ppm I would surely have noticed my discus belly up.
. Any nitrate in a discus tank is not good but 160ppm is like the grim reaper knocking on your front door!! I know this cant be right since I do daily water changes of 10%. The test kit is fine as i tested my tap water and other tanks they came up normal : 0ppm for tap and 5-10ppm for other tanks.
But to be honest this is the first time in about 1 month I have tested the discus tanks nitrate.
And in the past month I have added peat nuggets, blackwater exctract and four peices of drift wood
Would this cause such wild reading? if so I never heard of test kits being affected by blackwater....
To be on the safe side i did a 40% water change with new water. But if the nitrate was really 160ppm I would surely have noticed my discus belly up.







