Vacation photos

BleuTheBetta

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Down in Arizona for a week or so, starting yesterday! I have a cool plane picture and just some spam photos, I’ll post more as the week goes on!!
61D94F66-8A6D-40A3-B5A5-84E7C237CF83.jpeg

DBEA0B00-7B64-40C9-90EC-226E38E98F1F.jpeg

F2625130-4942-4D01-A7F2-DE7270F6A37C.jpeg

C3849118-CB2F-4799-A487-BD4778228978.jpeg

Haha! I’m used to pines and maples, so it’s a cool thing to see 😂
Actually I don't mind palms as long as they belong to someone else. The house I rented in Florida had like 8 of the things and they were a pain to keep trimmed. If not kept trimmed they literally become rat nests.

You might not think they would be there but Florida has a lot of pines but they are not the Christmas tree looking pines. I lived the first half of my life in North East Ohio and still do miss Maples especially in the fall. LOL! I also miss lightning bugs. ;)

Last edited:
Actually I don't mind palms as long as they belong to someone else. The house I rented in Florida had like 8 of the things and they were a pain to keep trimmed. If not kept trimmed they literally become rat nests.
People trim palm trees?? 😂 that’s funny to imagine. Kind of like trimming a bush, I guess…
There are so many here in this resort (where my grandparents live in the winter- it’s basically a retirement resort. You have to be 55+ and you can buy a tiny home in the place. It’s a pretty awesome spot) that I doubt people trim them. They do look pretty bad. You learn something new everyday!
You might not think they would be there but Florida has a lot of pines but they are the Christmas tree looking pines. I lived the first half of my life in North East Ohio and still do miss Maples especially in the fall. LOL! I also miss lightning bugs. ;)
Huh. I’ve been to Florida, but it’s all foggy memories since I was 3-7 when I went. Never seen a lightning bug. It seems the only bug I ever regularly come across is a mosquito 😂

People trim palm trees?? 😂 that’s funny to imagine. Kind of like trimming a bush, I guess…
There are so many here in this resort (where my grandparents live in the winter- it’s basically a retirement resort. You have to be 55+ and you can buy a tiny home in the place. It’s a pretty awesome spot) that I doubt people trim them. They do look pretty bad. You learn something new everyday!

Huh. I’ve been to Florida, but it’s all foggy memories since I was 3-7 when I went. Never seen a lightning bug. It seems the only bug I ever regularly come across is a mosquito 😂
I edited my above post on the pine trees in Florida as I left out the word 'not' in the line "Florida has a lot of pines but they are the Christmas tree looking pines". At least in North East Florida (Jacksonville Beach) the pines are abundant but are of a type that has very heavy thick branches. I'll include an image at the end to show what I mean. There will also be a pretty large and cool horned owl in the shot.

Yes, palms should be trimmed to prevent rodent infestation... at least in north east Florida. There was one palm that I didn't trim as its resident was an opossum. It was allowed to stay as they hunt rats and mice, also snakes even if poisonous. LOL! I would have loved to see my face when I first went up to trim that palm and it stuck its head out not looking happy. Also had a pretty large racoon that hung around the yard along with an osprey that would hang out in the same pine as the owl. I really lucked out with this 2 bedroom bungalow as the owner had zero clue. I was five blocks from the ocean and only paid $750.00/month rent.

As to lightning bugs I'm surprised, being in the mid west, you don't know about them. They are a bio-luminescent insect that the back half flashes on and off with a yellowish green light. I remember a small house that a friend had that the property went about a quarter mile ending at a river bank. At first most of the length from the house to the river was a nasty over grown forest. Everyone pitched in and made it like a park with bushes around but basically open and easily walked. Lightning bugs would cover the bushes and stuff and, after sunset, it was like going through a fairy land. We would often have 'camp fires' by the river. A lightning bug is also often called a firefly even though they are a beetle. Here is a video that seems to have been put out by the National Geographic showing the effects. You will understand what I meant by 'fairy land'.

Here is the NE Florida type pines and the owl. It the owl looks ticked off it is only due its being so. Apparently it didn't like something about my camera and dive bombed me to where I hit the ground. The photo is right after it perched again. ;)
hornedowl5.jpg

Last edited:
I edited my above post on the pine trees in Florida as I left out the word 'not' in the line "Florida has a lot of pines but they are the Christmas tree looking pines". At least in North East Florida (Jacksonville Beach) the pines are abundant but are of a type that has very heavy thick branches. I'll include an image at the end to show what I mean. There will also be a pretty large and cool horned owl in the shot.

Yes, palms should be trimmed to prevent rodent infestation... at least in north east Florida. There was one palm that I didn't trim as its resident was an opossum. It was allowed to stay as they hunt rats and mice, also snakes even if poisonous. LOL! I would have loved to see my face when I first went up to trim that palm and it stuck its head out not looking happy. Also had a pretty large racoon that hung around the yard along with an osprey that would hang out in the same pine as the owl. I really lucked out with this 2 bedroom bungalow as the owner had zero clue. I was five blocks from the ocean and only paid $750.00/month rent.

As to lightning bugs I'm surprised, being in the mid west, you don't know about them. They are a bio-luminescent insect that the back half flashes on and off with a yellowish green light. I remember a small house that a friend had that the property went about a quarter mile ending at a river bank. At first most of the length from the house to the river was a nasty over grown forest. Everyone pitched in and made it like a park with bushes around but basically open and easily walked. Lightning bugs would cover the bushes and stuff and, after sunset, it was like going through a fairy land. We would often have 'camp fires' by the river. A lightning bug is also often called a firefly even though they are a beetle. Here is a video that seems to have been put out by the National Geographic showing the effects. You will understand what I meant by 'fairy land'.

Here is the NE Florida type pines and the owl. It the owl looks ticked off it is only due its being so. Apparently it didn't like something about my camera and dive bombed me to where I hit the ground. The photo is right after it perched again. ;)
View attachment 315056
that's a funny owl story! here in ca we also have to trim or rats will infest the palms. weird how they like to live so high up

Ohhhh, okay! Makes more sense.
That owl is staring the soul out of me 😂

That’s awesome! Sounds like a good deal.

Lightning bug wise, I have seen them but I haven’t. I only went camping when I was around 2 or 3, so I don’t remember seeing them, but dad tells me stories about catching some in jars.

That owl… 😂

I brought home a pine cone from Cali that is the size of my head..
AZ is a favorite place for me, well at least in the winter...

I brought home a pine cone from Cali that is the size of my head..
AZ is a favorite place for me, well at least in the winter...
That’s one dang big pine cone!
Same here. Perfect weather today for hiking, 51 f and sunny. I’ll probably have more pictures!

View attachment 315056

Adorable - Nice click!!!1 - but why he looks angry

Lightning bugs or fireflies - last night, I had a bunch of them in the back for the first time this summer. I love them. If you ever find yourself in a moonlit woods surrounded by them - it's very magical.

In Arizona, they've probably already burst into flames and added to the heat.

Adorable - Nice click!!!1 - but why he looks angry
Apparently didn't like either me or my camera. I think the camera as it never bothered with me before or after. The shot was taken right after it dive bombed me and went back to the branch. That was one BIG bird to have dive at you. I hit the ground.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back