Vacation Feeding

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Im not sure what to do. Im going on vacation for a week tomorrow. I dont know what to do. My smaller tank im going to drop a vacation feeding block and an algae wafer. However, for my bigger tank, I dont know what to do. First, I dont have a vacation block so that wont work. I also dont want to just not feed because I have some fairly young fish, as well as some that might be born. (also, my parents think its cruel to not feed). Im thinking of feeding them good amount of brine shrimp tonight, then in the morning (around 3 o'clock) put in some flake food, a large piece of zucchini and an algae wafer. The zucchini and wafer will satisfy the Swordtails, Angels, and Otos, and maybe the Barbs for a few days, but nothing the Rasboras. What can I put in for them? Also, this tank is really cloudy, so I really want it to clear up. (Would help if i dont feed but parents wont let me).

Is this good:
1 large zucchini piece
1 wafer
flake food feeding before leave
.... need something

Thanks
 
Have your parents read this, especially the simulation scheme; http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breedi...%20seasons.html

I have stretched this to 28 days with some species, whit a 3 week fast. Your fish will be fine with no food for a week.

Do not open the package with the feeding block, return it & get your money back. Feeding blocks are great for causing tank pollution from a load of uneaten food, many are made of a plaster base, which dissolves in your tank. Aquarists using these often come home to a disaster.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top