Uv Sterelizer

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Anyone ever used one of these?

What do they do?

How do they work?

Are they effective?
 
Sorry, don't own one, but I know that they kill microorganisms such as single celled algae that turn water green, etc. But, it is better to figure out what is wrong with your water first, and remedy it first.
 
I have one. They work by shining ultra-violet light on the water passing through the unit. They are very effective.

I thought my water was clear before I installed the unit. It gives already clear water an extra polish only seen with such a unit. Are they necessary? No.
 
Sorry, don't own one, but I know that they kill microorganisms such as single celled algae that turn water green, etc. But, it is better to figure out what is wrong with your water first, and remedy it first.


No, no problems here. I was just interested in it's ability to make the water very clear.

Is it worth buying?
 
its also claimed that they kill some fishy bad bugs too, i have one on one of my oscar tanks, i dont think its switched on tho,i reckon if you keep a good maitience routione u wouldnt need one, BUT saying that if i was introducing new fish on a regular basis ( which i dont now) i would have it on,i cant see any difference between my tanks, and my oscars dont get sick anyway with my routine :)
clearer water ( and i mean crystal clear) can be had using filter wool , so the choice is yours :)
shelagh xxx
 
I've got one in my oscar tank and it did make the water a little clearer, got it for next to nothing though so it was a case of "its free so i'll use it!" :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top