Utility water transfer pump for water changes???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Thefeeesh

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Iā€™ve been an aquarium owner for over a year now and have an RODI setup with a storage tank for the water. I used to bucket/pitcher it in for every water change but I think itā€™s time to upgrade. I do realize I could hook it up to the tap and use water conditioner but that would defeat the point of the RODI filter and tank. I am very curious if a utility water transfer pump would be okay for water changes. My main worry is if the water that comes out will be tainted by the pump. Any answers will help, thanks. Picture attached on the bottom for reference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 62
I'm not familiar with that pump but, If you are worried that the water would be ruined.... pick up a submersible pump off of amazon.

I just used an Aquaclear powerhead with a plastic hose to fill tanks from the holding tank. Any aquarium or pond water pump will do the job. Don't go too big though, because it's harder to control the flow of water into the tank if you're using a huge or powerful pump.

One of the guys at the shop used a bilge pump from a boat.

Yes that Little Wayne pump is great for water changes, I use one all the time. A little loud though, but works great.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back