Using Hospital Tank As Display

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I've been wanting to start up another saltwater tank....one that I could have corals in (I have a urchin in my 29 gallon, and it sees to it that I can't have corals in there). I have a ten gallon that was used as a hospital tank (I used antibiotics in it). Could I use this as a display tank, or could the antibiotics have soaked into the seems of the tank? (No equipment would be used from the hospital tank...only the tank)

I've been wanting to start up another saltwater tank....one that I could have corals in (I have a urchin in my 29 gallon, and it sees to it that I can't have corals in there). I have a ten gallon that was used as a hospital tank (I used antibiotics in it). Could I use this as a display tank, or could the antibiotics have soaked into the seems of the tank? (No equipment would be used from the hospital tank...only the tank)

You have to be careful if you have used medications containing copper as it gets into the silicon and can affect corals and inverts. If you haven't used any copper-based meds you should be fine :good:

Most reactions

Back