Using Arcadia Tubes (T8) On Juwel Vision 260 Unit? Is It Possible?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Unseen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I have read on another forum that a gentlemen used some Arcadia tubes on his set up. I am not joined to that forum so haven't asked him, al though the thread is fairly old anyway.

I have the older T8 unit. It's not a planted tank so I don't need my lightning to be much brighter other than for the colour of my fish to show a little more. The tubes will go eventually (2 years old now) so it's time to think of getting replacements. 

The Juwel tubes are stated to be 1047mm in length, and the Arcadia's are stated to be 1050mm. Has anyone ever tried fitting Arcadia's onto a Juwel with success? The difference in length is a concern to me. I can't seem to find any specific Juwel sizes on the Arcadia site so assume the poster on the other forum has these. I don't want to waste money and order them if perhaps he was lying or made a mistake.

I have read that the Arcadia tubes last 2 or 3 years until they start to 'fade' and have noticed on my Juwel tubes that they do fade after about a year.

The other option is upgrading to a T5 unit with 2 tubes which is 95 pounds on ebay, but it is more costly so I am weighing my options. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back