Urgent! Help Needed With Hardscape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

its set out kinda iwagumi. i had that in mind when i seen the stones to be fair. like a compensation between a planted tank and iwagumi. been looking at a lot of amano tanks lately but im not a fan of the massive open spaces of his tanks, but i love the hardscapes

Agreed, but there's nothing to say that you can't have a hybrid tank.
Get the stone positions correct first, then plant however you want.
IMO if the stone positions don't quite look right, it doesn't matter how well/poorly it's planted, something about the scape will bug you.
Just an opinion
good.gif

yeah. ive got all the time in the world to get it sorted kinda thing. as long as im happy with the stones the planting will come easy.

i quite like how ive got it now though with the little cave bit and the kinda focal "cliff face" bit on the left. im guna leave it for a bit see how it grows on me till i get some more plants.

Pssssttt...Don't take out sand. Push some to the back so it's deeper in the back. You'll get more depth that way. You rocks look much better and will plants all in, it'll be lovely!

yeah i was thinking that. push it to the back in a slope. ive piled some behind the rocks to create like a raised shelf bit :good:

Also push your rocks down deeper into the sand so they look like they are coming up out of it :)

Most reactions

trending

Back