Urgent, 10G Cracked, Questions!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ag-au

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys,
 Well I have a 10gallon tank (Roughly 40L) on a stand. I've had this thing for 3 years now, it's getting old and has been through 2 moves in the winter. basically beat up it's whole existence.  Now yesterday I noticed a crack. It's about 2 inches laterally on the side of the tank and thankfully it isn't leaking. So today we went and got the same tank and tomorrow I'm going to switch over everything. Here are my main concerns:

-Should I add 100% new water? (I have buckets set out with water getting to room temp. Enough to fill entirely with new)
-Is it okay just to transfer the sand straight over?
-Will my cycle be okay?
I really wish this didn't happen, but oh well. It could have been worse. Any help would be appreciated!

No. Use as much old water as possible to minimize stress.

Yes.

If you use the same filter with the same established media, yes.

:)

Thank you so much! I've been a little stressed over this. Take care and thanks again!!!!

ag-au said:
Thank you so much! I've been a little stressed over this. Take care and thanks again!!!!
No probs. good luck with the new tank. :good:

Thanks! I won't have to move this one much since I have the stand. I'm going to drain the tank water into a 80L tub. Should go without a hitch. *Prays!* lol

Good luck! You got good advise! And good call on the crack! Better safe than sorry! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back