Upside Down Catfish With Mated Pair Of Bolivian Rams

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

montie

Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone would have opinion on whether a trio of upside down cats could be kept with a mated pair of bolivian rams?

I searched everywhere online for an answer but came up empty handed, mainly would there be any threat of egg eating by the upside down cats and would these fish in a 29 gallon be too many bottom dwellers for thi sized tank?

any thoughts

I believe a 29 gallon is too small for one.

Right. 29 gallons is too small. They normally grow an average 4" and though they are catfish, they actually prefer swimming in the mid-strata than stay at the bottom. They need cave like structures underwater and housing them with rams can cause their barbels to get nipped.

Really i had seen them reccomended for only 20 plus gallons lol thougt i would be in the clear. guess i won't be getting the m thougg because an unhappy fish makes for an unappealing aquarium

any ideas on tank mates for a pair of rams though or are they better left by themselves?

Thanks for rthe replys so far!

Uh, Rams will go with most mid swimming fish anyway. So long as theres a good amount of room.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back