Upgrading To A 180 Litre Bowfront

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I am now trying to get a replacement for the tank. I have to make sure though that the quality is better to avoid the same problem. To that extent I have contacted my favourite LFS in Mexico city, and they say they can do something for me. I will have to visit them personally to see whether I can get what I want. So, just have to wait and see, i guess...

As you can see, the crack is not completely until the bottom, so I left in a little bit together with the small plants. The larger plants are currently in a large plastic recipient, so i hope I can keep them well in the mean time.

So sorry this happened. It's that phrase "sods law". Does the tank have a brace across from the widest point?

It actually does, but they seem very vulnerable. There is only 1 importer in Mexico and they don't make them themselves. The glass is only 4 mm thick. They are now trying to get me an acrilic one with the same dimensions.

It would be a pity to lose the nice cabinet......

I'm a bit wary of acrylic as it is SO easy to scratch. Can you get the same tank but in say 7mm glass?

I just got in a quote for a 9 mm glass tank with the same dimensions for about 450 USD, adding the transport would be another 200 USD though....

The acrilic is out of the question, as it would cost me more than a 1000 USD, which is way over my budget. I will now try to see how I can get it here cheaper to save on the transport.

Thats crap, sorry about that matey.

Sam

Yeah, I know, it is really Murphy's law, I guess. And I desperately need the tank, as my kribs are breeding, and I am having other fry too. Patience is needed here, I guess...

After 6 months of frantic searching for a new tank that would fit my nice cabinet I finally got myself a new tank, acrylic this time. I know it has downsides, but for me as a woman, this tank is much easier to handle than a glass one, plus the chances on it leaking or cracking is much less.

The lay-out is more or less the same as before the crack. I have only replaced the sand in the planted areas with fine river gravel.

Current fauna stocking:

1 pair of pearl gouramis
1 dwarf gourami
3 peppered cories
1 albino cory
1 sinodontis (small)
9 red eye tetras
3 kribensis
2 golden panchax
6 f. gardneri Jos Plateau

But pictures say more than words. So here we go:

The first shot is the complete tank.

IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/Biulu/DSC02999

The 2 following shots are from the left and right hand side of the tank respectively.

DSC03005.jpg

DSC03004.jpg

Flora:
1 omnipresent amazon sword
vallisneria
C. wendti
Rotala rotundofolia
C. tenellus
Anubia coffeefolia
Java fern
Sagittaria

Thank you for looking! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

A little update:

As to be expected the cryptocoryne is melting a bit, but I am keeping the tank on half of the light intensity, as to reduce this. It is not disastrous and some are developing new leaves.}}

The vallisneria is growing very well and has already reached the top, sagittaria is also going strong, and a bit less, but still satisfactory the rotala.

I did get an ammonia spike, which I had not expected; thought I had enough plants, which caused me to lose some fish. I am now waiting for another few weeks before I make up for the losses. Unfortunately I lost all of my female gardneris, but luckily I still have some young fry in another tank. Once they are mature enough, I will add them.

So pleased you got your tank replacement...it looks beautiful

Is it possible that the stand is not level and is causing the pressure to be distributed unevenly?

Most reactions

Back