Upgrading My Juwel Lighting To 4 T5 Tubes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hellohefalump

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm going to add some more tubes to my Juwel rio 400. I already have the new T5 Juwel system (2X 54watt tubes), but after some research and thought and readingthis, I think I need two more bulbs.

I'm going to use thismethod of fixing them into the Juwel hood (seventh post down).

Does this product (below) look good? Obviously the whole thing needs to be waterproof as it'll be quite close to the water and it says the end caps are water resistant.

Will I need some sort of fan to get rid of heat or should I be ok?

HAGEN

GLO T5 HO

TWIN LIGHT STARTER 2 X 54W

EASY AND CONVENIENT FLUORESCENT LIGHTING FOR A VARIETY OF APPLICATIONS

THIS COMPACT LINEAR FLUORESCENT LIGHTING SYSTEM UTILIZES SPACE EFFICIENT BULBS WITH A 16MM DIAMETER (5/8IN) AND IS AVAILABLE AS HIGH OUTPUT , SUITABLE FOR USE IN BOTH MARINE AND FRESHWATER AQUARIUMS THAT REQUIRE HIGH LIGHT LEVELS.

INCLUDES REMOTE MOUNTABLE BALLAST CONNECTED TO WATER RESISTANT END CAPS.

BULB RETAINING CLIPS AND MOUNTING BRACKETS ARE PROVIDED FOR A SAFE AND SIMPLE INSTALLATION.

FOR USE WITH 5/8" (16MM) DIAMETER FLUORESCENT BULBS ONLY

MAXIMUM FUSE RATING TO BE USED WITH THIS APPLIANCE IS 3 AMPS

Just to check, you do have a pressurised CO2 system already don't you? If not DO NOT upgrade your lighting yet, get the CO2 kit first. Otherwise with that much lighting and no CO2 your are going to farm algae.

As to the equipment, the Hagen GLO units are nice units, heat shouldn't be that big a problem as the ballast will me mounted outside the tank hood. See how it goes though, as you might decide you need extra cooling during warmer weather.

Ade

Yes I have pressurised CO2.

I will buy this unit then. I planted my tank up 2wks ago and some of the more light demanding plants appear to be strugging a bit.

I am currently (until my scales come in the post) dosing EI method. But after my scales come, long term I am going to dose PPS : Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, and trace mix.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back