Upgraded Tanks (Picture Heavy)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Flute

Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope that it's ok that I've started a new topic. Seeing as these are totally different tanks and some new fish?

So I finally got my 180 ltr set up and well planted, the girls seem to love all the plants, so I'm happy with it for now. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I love to give them as natural as setting as I can, hence the plant over load :rolleyes:

Some shots of the tank and my girls:

totm.jpg

Full tank shot

IMG_4463.jpg

From left to right: Tyra, Saga (new girls) and Freya

IMG_4534.jpg

Niamh

IMG_4530.jpg

Either Eir or Tyra again

IMG_4490.jpg

I give up on trying to name the ones who look similar XD

IMG_4451.jpg

Aurora- she's easy to spot XD

IMG_4446.jpg

Another of my new girls, Kelda.

IMG_4434.jpg

And queen of the tank, Freya :p

I know that the females are a lot more duller than the males, but believe it or not, they're actually pretty brightly coloured. Obviously the camera has really showed up their colours, but they're all a really colourful bunch ^^

I also have some photos of my divided 60 ltr, containing my two male betta.

IMG_4427.jpg

Tank shot,

Introducing my newest boy, who is tiny and very sweet, Seaweed :D

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

This picture shows off what his colouring is most like.

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

As you can see by comparison to the plant, he's tiny at only 2.5 months old :wub:

Tyr, my other male is being a total monster and is flaring at him every chance he gets, but Seaweed doesn't seem to be bothered. I'm sure as he gets older he'll start displaying back.

Tyr was refusing to be photographed, so I'll add some pics of him when I get a chance, and some better full tank shots of the 180 ltr if anyone is interested.

Thanks if you made it all the way to the bottom of my crazy long post, and sorry about all the images!

Hi, well done on the tank set up, I'm a big fan of planted out tanks, and this one certainly is heavily planted, I can never do it myself, I just have rocks and java fern lol, your fish must love having all those places to hide and explore, nice pics. :good:
:fish:

Kiriyama: Thanks very much ^^ I love planted tanks too- properly aquascaped tanks look absolutely amazing! Wish I could do it properly. Guess it just takes practice? You would not believe how difficult the girls made it for me to plant their tank XD Every single plant that was put in there was inspected as I was trying to push them into the gravel, just in case it was food :rolleyes: They seem to be having a grand time in there though so mission accomplished I guess ^^'

Fluffycabbage: (awesome name btw XD ) Thank you very much ^^ They seem much happier in this set up, which is what I was aiming for ^^ Seaweed has got to be the quietest boy I've had so far- I got him on Tuesday and he's only now starting to come to the front of the tank :wub:

You have some really pretty girls and I love Seaweed. The tank looks great as well, I love really heavily planted set-ups. :good: That is one big cory in the first pic.

Looks amazing i'm so jealous. would love to be able to have a nice big tank.
Seaweeds very pretty have never seenn one like him.
Also i want saga she's pretty

Thanks for the lovely comments guys- and sorry for the lack of replies and updates.

Lacuna, you should have seen that cory when I first got him/her- I bought two of them and never dreamed that they'd get that big. I've bought a baby bronze to go with them (on the look out for more) and he's totally dwarfed by them :p

The tank has a few more inhabitants now- 2 female (I hope they are) pearl gourami's, 2 baby peppered corys and 1 baby bronze cory.
Am searching for a dwarf cichlid species to complete the stocking, though I can't seem to decide between Bolivian Rams or Dwarf Flag cichlids.
I'm far too indecisive.

Seaweed's tail unfortunately has been pretty badly damaged D: Still can't work out if it's fin rot or tail biting, but it's a bit disappointing either way- poor little guy :unsure: He's going to be moved to a 5.5g later to try and heal him up.

Here are some pictures of my other male Tyr as promised. He flares at everything- Seaweed, his own reflection, the filter, moths flying past his tank. Never realised that he would be such a little monster :p His fins have also developed into HM, and not PK as was advertised, but I still think he's a stunning boy :wub:

tyr1.jpg

tyr2.jpg

Very pleased with my Juwel Rio 180- even though I'm not using any cO2 yet, the pants have just shot up. Have got some gorgeous red water lilly's in there which have reached the surface already and I'm hoping will flower soon :D
I'll update with some better tank shots later once it's dark and there's no reflection from the window if anyone is interested.

I wish more people would make soroity tanks for female Bettas. They are so pretty but few people want them unless they are breeding. Nice job, great tank.

Wonderful, Flute- wonderful! I sometimes wish I had a calm betta like Seaweed (love the name XD)- all my bettas have been monsters B-)

Zophie :book:

Bettawhisperer: I totally agree with you ^^ I love watching the girls in all their space- and they all have such pretty colourations and great personalities- they're a total pain when I put my hand in the tank though XD Tyr is actually a really weird colouration (I'll have to get proper pictures), but he is no where near that dark as the picture. It's odd as he was advertised as a Copper PK XD My avatar is of the same betta, but when I got him at 3 months old. That pink colouration on his dorsal fin and tail has gone a light steel blue now that he's fully grown.

stevereade: Thanks very much ^^ It's changed again a little since these pictures- the plants of gone mad and have really gone mad.

zophie: Thank you! :D Tyr has been my first monster so far, Seaweed is still pretty gentle ^^ He is starting to get a lot more active now though. My first betta, Thor was also a softy.

Three months is very young and they do go through many changes even adults can change.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back