Update on the avatar tank. Water fall up and running. :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bootiful and genuine inspiration to all new members looking for something to imagine themselves trying.
Well done.

I know this must work, but I just can't see how over time when you add fish, and the plants grow etc. and there is algae in the tank how this waterfall will remain working perfectly like it is now.
This is why I took my sandfall out. I couldn’t keep the flow steady and the sand where it was supposed to go.

This is why I took my sandfall out. I couldn’t keep the flow steady and the sand where it was supposed to go.
I also would think if you put Discus in a tank with that type of feature, they would be inquisitive enough that they would play with it.

That's good to know. I may just put cardinal tetra then. I haven't decided yet. I mean even eventually the sanddall stop flowing steadily. The island can still be a part of the floating island feature. I'm not so concerned about it. But the algae is something I do want to pay attention to. I am adding CO2 in start yesterday. Hope the plants will grow healthier so leave algae less room. Also thinking about adding on a second uv sterilizer on the other side.

awesome tank! I want to make one using glow in the dark sand :) I wonder if the chemicals that make it glow would be harmful for fish?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back