Unsure

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KatCu26

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently cycling my lovely 4x2x2ft tank but have no idea what I want to keep in it there is just too much choice.

I'd like to have a colourful community tank with a *feature fish* discus/s (do I need to keep a few of them to keep them happy?)

Bit lost some suggestions or advice would be lovely

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFF. :hi:

First thing we need to know when a member asks for fish species suggestions is, what are your source water parameters? The GH (general or total hardness) is very important, and second the pH. The latter is related to the GH and also the KH (carbonate hardness or Alkalinity) so this should be known too. If you do not already know these, check the website of your municipal water authority or you can contact them directly. Some fish have specific requirements when it comes to GH in particular.

As you mention discus, this is a shoaling species, which means that it needs a group so it can interact naturally, and be less stressed. You have the tank space, and a group of five minimum up to seven or eight would work well. However, realize that I am only considering tank size here. Water parameters are extremely important with this species, as is the tank aquascape.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back