Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Before I can do water changes in the house, I have to get in a pond and unclog some filter lines.

I have some rainbow neon castles if you need them, lol. They are supposed to look like some greek temple
Nah I'm good. I was messing around when saying that. I'm a fan of natural tanks

I'll bet I could win that one. I'd have to set something up special, but I still have all the stuff from neon tanks in children room days

Why do manufacturers and suppliers of fishy things such as aquarium decor insist on burying them in polystyrene?

I unpacked some Hugo Kamishi resin rockscape pieces yesterday for my 200 litre......polystyrene EVERYWHERE!

Took me hours to clear out all the little bits from the crevices...then they got the full on static and huddled right back into those crevices.....

What is wrong with using bubblewrap?

It behaves itself...it doesn't go into full on Klingon & Limpet

:mad:

Nano fish and aquarium people seem to enjoy what they are doing more than monster tank people. One seems to lean to artwork in what they set up and the other keeper also seems to hit a wall of losing interest sooner than the nano types. IMO of course,

One of my oldest and larger Rainbows came down with eye fungus. To make a long story short,it's worth it to treat the whole 240 gallon and stop that in its tracks. BUT,once again I see where antibiotics (Doxycycline) kills blue green algae ,smear algae ( gray on acrylic glass and very hard to remove) and I think BBA..at least that is what my Java fern had are now gone.
I might treat the tank again in 6 months to get it looking bad -algae free. Might..not saying for sure.
If you have valuable fish and plants..proactive might be a good idea in lieu of Co2 or algicides.

Last edited:
Blue green algae I usually remove most of and kill the rest with a CO2 generator, Red cyanobacteria is giving me a hard time returning, I think the 55, with its now lowered light and very lowered waste is about to get a little hydrogen peroxide before I lose another algae eater to red cyano. We used to use erthromycin for the cyanobacteria, red or blue green, but I haven't got any right now. And it's such a young tank. I never use algaecides.

Back to unpopular threads. In 1986 I was running a BBS in Dallas, and there were others up, this all well before the internet, 300 baud modems, our own phone line, 1200 baud modems if you could afford one, I squeaked and saved and got one. And I was in my late 20's, and chatting with the 19 year old sysop of a very busy All American BBS, asking how he kept it that busy. He said it's easy, when things get slow I allow religion as a topic. As long as everyone is nice. Around here, that seems to be the undergravel filter and I'm having a great time with it. Are they going to throw me off?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back