Unknown Gourami

Scotty001

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
367
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
England
Ive recently taken on another Gourami but I'm not too sure of his exact species, I'm hoping that some of you guys could help me out here.

Ive added a few pics of him / her below. any help much appreciated.


P1010564.jpg


P1010561.jpg


P1010543.jpg


Thanks for your help Scott
 
it's a snakeskin gourami (Trichogaster pectoralis)
they grow to about 8 inches and are quite peaceful. Their colours stay as in the picture but often the fish will be a bit lighter depending on their mood.
 
Wow beautiful gourami, ive seen one about 6" and it looked amazing :good:
 
Thanks for the Quick Reply Colin_T, Ace Of Spades & tibby25731.

He / She is a stunning fish to look at, I wasn't intending on getting another fish, was just getting few bits and bobs at the LFS, decided to take a look at the fish as you do and seen this guy just sanding out from all the other Gouramis in the tank.

The LFS wasn't too sure on which specimen he was, so thought id take a gamble and get him / her before some one else did, knowing most of them are not too aggressive.

I'd say he / she's about 4.5 inch now and his / her colouring is fantastic, hope it stays this way, he / she has only just been put in the tank and now the lights are out till tomorrow.
 
I would say its a male. They get a longer more pointed dorsal (top) fin. Females have a slightly smaller more rounded dorsal fin.
 
I would say its a male. They get a longer more pointed dorsal (top) fin. Females have a slightly smaller more rounded dorsal fin.

I would have said male too, it's colour is very intense, lovely looking boy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top