Understanding Sumps Pinned Article

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Benthic : means the bottom of a body of water. Benthic dwelling organisms can live on or in the aquarium substrate

and yes, canister means external filter

Seffie x

So kind of like a DSB?

So could the refugium double as a benthic zone?

So I'm kinda guessing it's just a term describing an area used to cultivate life, wether that's microalgae or shrimp etc?

Just noticed it's been a while since I was going to add more on. Oops.

I'll see if I get time tonight after I get back from the gym. I've been a little distracted recently playing assassins creed 2.

You can build on the one post that you did..add links from our forum to thicken things up and then, with others suggestions, I can split the post off as a separate thread and pin it. SH

Thanks SH

I don't have gym tonight and my wife is on an early shift so she'll want the tv tonight so I won't be able to play assassins creed, so I'll probably be able to get it finished to first draft standard.

Just thought.

If you're on about making it a pin of it's own maybe I can include more hardware? Like RO stuff, DI,

Any other suggestions?

added canister filters and a note on benthic zones. But any more info to add there would be great.

also played with the formatting a little.

and added a short list of more things to write about at the bottom.

at this point, if members would volunteer pictures of their equipment that would be great, I could go and find them from other threads but that wouldn't be right, don't want to use a pic without permission.

next job is to find all the equipment of the month style articles and add the links.

Cheers.

Looking at it now, by the time pics are added, and all the links, and the remaining bits, it's gonna be pretty long...

Bear in mind I don't have a marine tank, and don't know a whole lot about any of this stuff... I think I'm doing pretty well. But researching it all and then writing it down in my own words is making me think it through more, and I think I'm learning about it more because of it.

Added a bit more.

can anyone confirm that aquarium DI units do actually use an electrodeionization process?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back