Undergravel filters

:huh: ;)

My boyfriend and I were checking out undergravel filters the other day , and we decided against it as, it seems more of a hassle to clean rather than having just a filter on the side, as u will have to take it out fully to get under the gravel where all the waste will be, also because we grow our own plants in the tank and would end up uprooting them everytime we took the filter plate under the gravel out - I dont think its very conveniant, but I guess it depends on how big your tank is, and if u wanna grow plants.

:thumbs:

Starry^

I agree...kind of a hassle. I wouldn't recommend one.

Good in their day but now obsolete,a good external or internal canister filter will do a much better job and is easier to maintain.

i have ugf and i am not sure if i like them or not it seems like I couldnt get my tanks to cycle until I put the ugf on but thats just me.

I see them somewhat, only in the lfs though. The big names don't carry them. The lfs tried to sell me one but I went with a power filter. When I get my new tank, I'm gonna get a nice eclipse power filter. :D

Even with a UG filter, you should still use an external type filter.

I would not say they are obsolete however!! I know many breeders who use them in everyone of their tanks (some have 600 tanks) and swear by them!!

I personally don't use them anymore.

Hey anyone want to buy a slightly used UG filter?? I have them in many sizes to choose from. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :lol: :lol:

CM

Most reactions

Back