uncontrollable temp.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

piscean

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
is 87° too warm for my fish??? it might actually be a little warmer but my thermometer only goes so high. the weather's just been crazy hot lately and i guess it's affected my aquarium temp. does anyone know if it'll be ok?

ps my fish are doing alright. yesterday they seemed a bit disturbed tho :unsure:

is 87° too warm for my fish???

It's alittle bit far away from my room, so I don't see your tank and don't know what fishes you have... Definitely without crystal ball, and the ball seems to be broken today.

So what kind of fishes do you have? Only platies?

sounds a bit hot to me :/ where are you? is your tank in direct sun? you can cool it down by directing a fan to blow air over the surface of the water, or by floating some ice cubes IN A BAG in the tank.

Too hot for regular fresh water fish(especially any bottom feeders). Do some cooler water changes(gradually reducing the temperature with each change) and turn off your heater and your lighting. Try to bring it down to 79 F if possible.

sorry MRV for the lack of info :look: but i do have 2 platies in my tank.

also, my tank is not in direct sun. altho the weatherbug on my pc shows it's 90° out right now and we don't have aircon so there's no way to cool the house down. i already unplugged my heater and have kept my light on at a minimum of 4hrs a day instead of the normal 10hrs.

i will do the "ice cubes in a bag" for now and cooler h2o changes later on in the day. i appreciate everyone's help thanks :flowers: my fishies are saved!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Most reactions

Back