Uk Foods

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jaiden

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My sister in law's dad lives in England and he sends her packages all the time with all these strange (to us, at least) bags of potato chips like prawns, roasted Ox, etc.

I've noticed most people here are from the UK and that area over there...are these potato chips the norm over there? What are all the flavours you have? And does anyone want to send a package to little ol' me in Canada??? lol j/k

Here in England we call them crisps not potato chips and they are a very common snack. They come in a huge variety of flavours from the normal ones like salt and vinegar or cheese and onion right through to the more exotic like tandorii curry or chinese spare rib flavour, if you can think of a flavour there is probably a crisp in that flavour somewhere.

Hedgehog flavour??

What is Marmite?

Chinese spare rib would be good!

Marmite is a yeast based spread for putting on bread/toast, originally it was a by-product of the brewing industry but it has a few fans and is now a product in its own right, pretty foul stuff if you ask me but my mrs loves the stuff.

Sounds pretty gross lol What else have you got over there that we don't? We don't have a lot of stuff :no:

I'm sure it works the other way around as well, there are probably hundreds of food products that are common in America that we dont have here.

I cant think of anything in particular that we have that is special to England

We have Cadbury's chocolate which rules :D

Also Hob Nobs - the #1 biscuit (cookie).

As for marmite, it's looks, smells and tastes like Tar, vile stuff. :sick: By their own admission people either love it or hate it MARMITE WEBSITE as you can see from their website.

But from talking to other Canadians in the past, I think the #1 export is Jaffa Cakes :hyper:

In exchange, the maple syrup we get over here is dreadful.

Arfie

Is it like a hard oatmeal cookie?

Man, I want to hop on a plane and fly over to the UK! lol

Yeah, I suppose so :unsure: They stay solid even after they've been dunked in your drink for ages :) the chocolate covered ones are awesome.

Funny, I've often though of going in the opposite direction.

Arfie

Unless you like lots of snow and only about 4 months/year of decent, warm weather...don't come to Canada! lol

Good point, but there are some very beautiful women on TFF from Canada ;)

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back