( UK ) Any good quality online fish retailers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MattW3344

fishy wishy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi all I've been searching for sawbwa resplendens for a while now my LFS does sell them however the owner told me that they very rarely get females in the orders which I'm after. This is due to suppliers selling the "pretty ones" (males) to stores rather than both genders as they sell better. I'm after females as I currently have 3 males and quickly need to improve the quantity of them to reduce sparring in the tank

Are there any decent and trusted websites at all UK based and preferably based in the north west?

Thanks!

Hi all I've been searching for sawbwa resplendens for a while now my LFS does sell them however the owner told me that they very rarely get females in the orders which I'm after. This is due to suppliers selling the "pretty ones" (males) to stores rather than both genders as they sell better. I'm after females as I currently have 3 males and quickly need to improve the quantity of them to reduce sparring in the tank

Are there any decent and trusted websites at all UK based and preferably based in the north west?

Thanks!
Best ive found to date is Pier aquatics in Wigan, just google them and have a look at there stock.

They are not doing mail order at the moment because of all the RM strikes and cold nights, but to me thats a good thing, shows they care, as soon as they start again i want a snowball pleco from them.

I use two online suppliers for my fish (I am North East based UK) and have had no issues with the health or quality. They both use DX Express courier so fish are picked and packed the day before they arrive with you and always arrive before midday, so not inside the box too long. Extremely well packed - double bagged, heat packs and in polystyrene box within a sturdy cardboard box. All fish deliveries in the UK are tightly regulated so no fish are in transit longer than 12 to 14 hours.

Aquatics to Your Door is close to Gatwick Airport in Surrey https://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/
Sims is in Sussex https://simstropicalfish.co.uk/fish-shop/ols/categories/freshwater-fish

I have not had any issues with either company and have used them for well over 15 years.

Best ive found to date is Pier aquatics in Wigan, just google them and have a look at there stock.

They are not doing mail order at the moment because of all the RM strikes and cold nights, but to me thats a good thing, shows they care, as soon as they start again i want a snowball pleco from them.
RM as in Royal Mail? They do not transport livestock, only licensed couriers can do so in the UK.

Wigan is not that far away! thanks for this

I use two online suppliers for my fish (I am North East based UK) and have had no issues with the health or quality. They both use DX Express courier so fish are picked and packed the day before they arrive with you and always arrive before midday, so not inside the box too long. Extremely well packed - double bagged, heat packs and in polystyrene box within a sturdy cardboard box. All fish deliveries in the UK are tightly regulated so no fish are in transit longer than 12 to 14 hours.

Aquatics to Your Door is close to Gatwick Airport in Surrey https://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/
Sims is in Sussex https://simstropicalfish.co.uk/fish-shop/ols/categories/freshwater-fish

I have not had any issues with either company and have used them for well over 15 years.
Thanks for this! They both have an amazing selection as well

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back