Uh Oh..is This Right?

Tory

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
299
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Hull, East Yorkshire
One of my big glass cats has turned a milky white colour - all the others are fine..

ive just read on wikipedia that they only turn milky white when they have died - does this mean im in for bad news?

:(

EDIT: ive just read that they can turn white if stressed - he has been on his own for 8mths, do you think the addition of 3 other glass cats could have stressed him - I didnt think so because hes started shoaling with them..

Also just read another piece saying they cant tolerate any medications - ive just been through a course of myxazin for a fish with pop eye - could that have done it??

O god, starting to stress out myself now..
 
I have no experience with glass cats but I would think if a normally clear fish turned white, that isn't good. Check your water stats and do a water change. Watch for bullying from other fish. The meds could have done it too I suppose, stick in some activated carbon and change the water to make sure everything is gone. I would imagine if you are already done with the treatment symptoms would have already have shown up though.

EDIT: Any other fish in the tank?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top