type of corydora

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just curious but I've had this corydora for over 4 months now. I got him from a tank labeled mixed cories so I'm not sure which type of cory he is. Does anyone know what type of corydora I have? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20200813_093139.jpg
    20200813_093139.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 91
Not easy to say. The absence of a blotch in the dorsal fin eliminates several "possible" species, and it might be Corydoras sodalis; I had this species back in the 1990's. There are today so many undescribed species being imported that it takes someone with a fair degree of familiarity with the family to identify. There are photos of every known/discovered species (described and awaiting description), over 160 now, on Planet Catfish if you want to search through them. Corydoras World has similar, but you need to be a member there.

Looks good for sodalis. The presence of the lateral stripe towards the end of the tail rules out some of the other close species too. Id place bets on sodalis.

Haraldschultzi was one that crossed my mind, looks closer to sterbai however, and again more striped markings, spotted face, and longer nose.

Plus a handful of unnamed ones.

That said, seems sodalis is the one that consistently shows that lateral stripe so i concur with Byron :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back