Two Sided Aquascape

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JohnDyer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Most of the tanks I've seen are meant to be looked at from one side, so they have grass in the front, tall plants in the back, etc. But my tank is in a strange spot, where it can be seem from front and back. How should I go about designing this?

The tank is already set up, full of a random assortment of plants. I kind of just find an empty stop and drop a plant in. That's about as far as my artistic talent goes.

Island scape mate, central in tank, or triangular island tall to short but scaped from both sides. :)

How ever you do it, im guessing no background plants unless they are to one side, triangle would be my preference

You plant it in the form of a center island. However you can use tall plants. Put them in the center of the island and then as you move towards the glass put in plants that grow lower.

Check out this thread on a planted tank forum http://www.aquaticpl...-new-setup.html

Google double sided planted tank or aquarium and two sided planted tank or aquarium and you will find some helpful stuff (plus a lot of junk info you don't want). You might also get something back Googling for room divider tanks.

The one thing to bear in mind is this type of aquascape is easier to design if you have a wider tank. If you want to have 6 inches open in front of either side, then the plants can only go in the area of a tank over 12 inches wide. I would suggest at least 18 inches and 24 would be even better.

Most reactions

Back