TV show we used to watch in the late 80s and early 90s.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Back in the day, so much of our television was a genuinely shared experience, simply because there were less channels and even less 'Children's Television'.
As a consequence, many of us can wax lyrical and wane poetical over those childhood memories.
I've collected a huge collection of original TV themes over the years and, whenever I'm feeling particularly down in this world of ours, a quick blast of the warm and fuzzy ,nostalgic comfort blanket of old shows can be most beneficial.

Back in the day, so much of our television was a genuinely shared experience, simply because there were less channels and even less 'Children's Television'.
As a consequence, many of us can wax lyrical and wane poetical over those childhood memories.
I've collected a huge collection of original TV themes over the years and, whenever I'm feeling particularly down in this world of ours, a quick blast of the warm and fuzzy ,nostalgic comfort blanket of old shows can be most beneficial.
Yes they were less to watch in those days .... but hey ...those series that were out really have good storyline and and enjoyable one that is...

I got Netfli world wide access still can't really pin point a series as the good ol days ...

Yes they were less to watch in those days .... but hey ...those series that were out really have good storyline and and enjoyable one that is...

I got Netfli world wide access still can't really pin point a series as the good ol days ...
Or is it simply because, as kids, we were so, so much easier to please? ;)

ALF !!!!!! The nicest grumpiest alien ever landed on earth.

There was a show I used to watch that was a lot of fun when i was well too young to know better. It was something like gi-an- something; he had this magical yellow loop of energy that he could throw at the monsters. I wish i could remember the acutal name. Sadly i saw it once after i was no longer a kid and realize it was the worse show ever. But as a kid it sure was a fantastic show to watch. If only i knew the actual name. I think the years i saw it was a bit before 80's-90s. I think it was very late 60's (69? 68?). Then there are older shows that are still good; i can still watch Mash and wonder years. I think that is all. 80's weren't the best years for tv; but the lasses were always charming in stuff like charlie angels and dynasty. A kids dream.

At least this didn't happen in the 80's or 90s.
Our TV transmitter caught fire last week so half a million homes currently have no TV signal. Because the transmitter is/was in an "area of outstanding natural beauty" there are restrictions on what the company can do to replace it. They hope to have a new temporary transmitter, a quarter of the size of the dead one, in place by the end of August.

If this had happened a few decades ago there would have been uproar but nowadays there are so many other ways to watch TV (streaming, cable, satellite) as well as DVDs to watch.

ALF !!!!!! The nicest grumpiest alien ever landed on earth.
ALF and I had stuff in common, we both loved cats :werewolf:

--------------------
At least this didn't happen in the 80's or 90s.
Our TV transmitter caught fire last week so half a million homes currently have no TV signal. Because the transmitter is/was in an "area of outstanding natural beauty" there are restrictions on what the company can do to replace it. They hope to have a new temporary transmitter, a quarter of the size of the dead one, in place by the end of August.
At least you get a TV signal normally. I haven't been able to get a decent TV signal in 5 years.

ALF and I had stuff in common, we both loved cats :werewolf:

--------------------

At least you get a TV signal normally. I haven't been able to get a decent TV signal in 5 years.
Hahahaha, yeah to eat isn't it.

Hahahaha, yeah to eat isn't it.
yeah, of course. nothing like stir fry cat, cat meow chow mein, roast kitty, bbq kitten and soy sauce, hot cats (like a hot dog but with a cat instead of a dog). the list of recipes goes on and on. :werewolf:

yeah, of course. nothing like stir fry cat, cat meow chow mein, roast kitty, bbq kitten and soy sauce, hot cats (like a hot dog but with a cat instead of a dog). the list of recipes goes on and on. :werewolf:
woohahahaha.

Keep it going ...
There are a lot of hit series with fancy cars though in those days

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 09.47.27.png

Considering there are only two Coyote cars in the whole wide world yeah thats as exclusive as it gets...

You see that name popping up a lot Glen A Larson and Stephen J Cannell. they must have had some creative moments back in the day. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back