Turtle Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sounds good, got any pics?
One of my Musk sits on the heater alot of the time, it seems to be his favourite place. The other loves climbing up and down plants and wood all day.
How big is it?

Sounds good, got any pics?
One of my Musk sits on the heater alot of the time, it seems to be his favourite place. The other loves climbing up and down plants and wood all day.
How big is it?

Yes but I don't know how to put it on here :( he's so cute haha... About 1 inch I think I not sure bigger than a barb at the minute :)

Would I be ok to have a single Musk turtle or do they prefer to be kept in pairs + ?

Also, I read that UV lights arent important for Musks as they often get all the Vit D they need from their diets. Is this true?

Would I be ok to have a single Musk turtle or do they prefer to be kept in pairs + ?

Also, I read that UV lights arent important for Musks as they often get all the Vit D they need from their diets. Is this true?

To be honest I don't really know what it is . I know 2 males can fight if they look a like or canfight over a female but not always. I only have 1 musk turtle (not sure what sex yet.) but am waitig for my local store to ring when they get more in as I have ordered another one for next week.. I guess its always nice for some company

I would personally keep them in a small group, as they do spend time exploring together,

UV is recommended, even if vitamin pellets such as Reptomin is fed. (which it should be IMO)

I would personally keep them in a small group, as they do spend time exploring together,

UV is recommended, even if vitamin pellets such as Reptomin is fed. (which it should be IMO)

Davo86 how often Do I feed my baby musk ? He devours shrimp when I show him on the outside of the glass he goes baZerk lol and once in morning and night?

As a baby once a day, when he becomes adult every other day.
I mix between pellets and bloodworm (sometimes throw in some krill).
Bloodworm two or three times a week, and pellets on the others.

As said above, once daily when hatchlings, feeding a variety of foods including a vitamin D/Calcium pellet (reptomin)

Once they get to maturity I usually recommend feeding on day 1 and 2 and then starving on day 3 and then repeat the process.

Hows you're Musk settled in? No problems? Got any pics?
Mine are growing fast, thinking of starving them once a week already.

He's doin cool what you mean by starving him?? Only got one so far do they prefer deep water or shallow... I have pics but don't know how to upload them

missing a days feeding, (so he doesn't get to fat).
As for pics us imageshack (google it)
Had to move mine into a 4 foot at the minute, their lost in their!

img0476kd.jpg

Here's one a few weeks ago, they've grown loads since then.

Jamie - Have you got any full tank shots of your turtle tank?

Yes, but it really isn't anything to go off.
Don't know if you read it before, but my turtle tank cracked, so I've moved them over to a 4 foot tank that I was intending to do slowly for them.
I've ordered tons of plants and bogwood to go in it (Should start arriving tomorrow), also ordered some Indian Lily's.
At the moment there is a cave they like to go in, 4 pieces of bogwood (one tall enough to rest on and take in air). Several large rocks.

img0520eo.jpg

img0521ot.jpg

Yes, but it really isn't anything to go off.
Don't know if you read it before, but my turtle tank cracked, so I've moved them over to a 4 foot tank that I was intending to do slowly for them.
I've ordered tons of plants and bogwood to go in it (Should start arriving tomorrow), also ordered some Indian Lily's.
At the moment there is a cave they like to go in, 4 pieces of bogwood (one tall enough to rest on and take in air). Several large rocks.

img0520eo.jpg

img0521ot.jpg

Hahaha that's awesome :) it's huge. My little turtle is still small so in the little tank ATM untill he grows hahaha I'll have a look to upload now. :) looking to get my second musk this week he's so funny he chases me for food hahaha one day a week pu don't feed him isir?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back