Turtle Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No expert but I think terrapins can get pretty big, if you're going with a 120L i really would just stick with musk turtles. Common, Razorback whatever size wise they are the most manageable. They are lively as well, so make good turtles to watch.

Apparently 5 inches.. :/ I would have to buy musk turtles of an internet site is that okay?

People do, and if your at home to receive them I don't see why not. Where do you live?
I payed £18.50 each from my LFS, I have two common musk.
like these: http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/common-musk-turtle.html

I thought terrapins got bigger than that, but like I said, Im no expert.
Adult Sizes-
Male 5 - 6.5"

Female 6 - 9"

That seems to be the common estimate for terrapins on care sheets etc.

Terrapins and Turtles are one and the same, although sliders tend to be the ones more commonly known as Terrapins,

Sliders get to roughly between 8"- 16" (males - females) and are generally regarded as one of the larger species of turtle,

People do, and if your at home to receive them I don't see why not. Where do you live?
I payed £18.50 each from my LFS, I have two common musk.
like these: http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/common-musk-turtle.html

I thought terrapins got bigger than that, but like I said, Im no expert.
Adult Sizes-
Male 5 - 6.5"

Female 6 - 9"

That seems to be the common estimate for terrapins on care sheets etc.

I live in Wales ...

Cant help you out then, I'm Near Wigan.
I'd go for it on the internet, if you think you're ready for them.
Make sure the set-up is ready first though.

Let us know what you decide.
Good luck.

Good luck.

Cheers mate much appreciated :) I've got my dock set up I know water level is fine because I haw a plec rtbs and barbs are all fine just it o get the UVB light :) will let you know mate :)

Good luck.

I got a musk. A baby tell me if he's smaller than my fish will they eat him or harm him? Red tail black shark, plec, clown loaches and barbs only plec and shark are bigger

It's a hit and miss subject, mine are in with 9 fish and have never bothered them, but, they are turtles and turtles will eat fish given the chance.
Mine seem to ignore them and stick to pellets, dried krill and bloodworm.

By rule if you're fish are fast he won't catch them anyway.

It's a hit and miss subject, mine are in with 9 fish and have never bothered them, but, they are turtles and turtles will eat fish given the chance.
Mine seem to ignore them and stick to pellets, dried krill and bloodworm.

By rule if you're fish are fast he won't catch them anyway.

I mean could the fish hurt him? The plec ?

Just thought it must be pretty big for you to be worried about it eating a turtle. I'd say they will be fine. Have you got your turtle yet or have you ordered one?

Just thought it must be pretty big for you to be worried about it eating a turtle. I'd say they will be fine. Have you got your turtle yet or have you ordered one?

I got him today :) this morning he seems fine site on the heater a lot hahaha ( the temp is fine tho lol) and I'm getting another one in a weeks time :) fed him some shrimp earlier out of a readied tub he loved it haha

Most reactions

trending

Back