Trying To Breed Kribs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SharonCC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've had a pair of Kribs, for almost a year in a 29gal. tank with Redeyed Tetras. Although they have bred, from behavior I've seen, they are never sucessful in raising fry. I've moved them into a 10gal. breeding tank, to see if that improves things. They now seem to be fighting...not doing damage, but the male is constantly chasing the female into a corner. Maybe the tank is too small, but it's the only spare I have??? Has anyone bred Kribs in a 10gal tank?

You can breed kribs in a 10g , but they may eat their fry after a couple days of being free-swimming, as their isnt rnough room in the tank. Or they may not eat them, depends on the pair. Ph shouldnt have anything to do with it. I have breed kribs in a ph of 8.6 !!!!!! The best Ph though is Nuetral. If they are fighting, take botht hem out, outfit the tank with losts of caves and plant's ect. and let the female in first, and let the male in a little later in the day.

Thanks guys! I've been away for a couple of days...They seem to be getting along much better, now. I do have lots of hiding places. I've just raised the temp. and plan a water change tomorrow Hope that gets them in the mood! If they start to eat the fry I'll put the parents back in the main tank. I intend to use the 10gal. as a breeding tank...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back